Soaps and Entertainment  

Go Back   Soaps and Entertainment > TV Shows, Movies, and Music > Soap Opera Forums > The Young and the Restless

Old 01-09-2018, 04:09 PM
Soap Addict

Credits: 682,580
Thanked 15,089 Times in 10,525 Posts
Cool Wed 1/10 "The Abbotts Are Blindsided When Graham Reveals He and Dina Are Married"

Wed 1/10 "The Abbotts Are Blindsided When Graham Reveals He and Dina Are Married"

Wednesday January 10, 2018: Traci and Ashley search for evidence to bring Graham down, Dina makes a confession during an outburst in court, and Jack considers halting the court proceedings.

Michael arrives at the Abbott house where Jack is irritated he doesn’t know where his sisters are before court.

In the Club, Traci and Ashley tell Mattie they need her Uncle Devon’s help. He’s in a meeting but takes Mattie’s call. Traci and Ashley hope they can find a Mergeron file that will help them derail Graham’s plan. Up in Hamilton-Winters, Mattie gets the Mergeron boxes and leaves the sisters to their search. Traci becomes frustrated after a while, and Ashley tells her to keep at it – she hopes Jack will fight like hell in the meantime.

At the courthouse, Jack rants to Michael about Graham forcing them to exploit Dina’s weakness. Michael assures him it’s their only choice if they’re to keep her safe. Graham arrives with Dina, and sends her inside. Jack lashes out at Graham, who insists she should be there; the case is about her. Jack can’t wait to see the smug look wiped off his face. Graham counters the judge will side with him. Michael stops Jack from lunging at him. After Jack gets air, Michael warns Jack to leave court if Graham baits him. They enter the courtroom, where Dina assumes Jack is John and it’s their divorce hearing. Jack tells Michael they must deal with his mother in her own reality, and orders him to wipe the floor with that bastard. Dina-confession-court-YR-CBSThey wonder again at Traci and Ashley’s absence. The hearing gets underway with Michael and Graham’s lawyer giving opening statements. Bloodworth’s lawyer points out Dina’s daughters didn’t show up. Jack takes the stand and recounts how Graham stalked Dina and got her to hire him as a means of seeking revenge, then later kidnapped her after she suffered a heart attack. Under cross-examination, Jack and his sisters’ estranged relationship with Dina is highlighted, as well as the lack of family unity at Jabot. The attorney then details the disturbing incidents Dina has been involved in; the stabbing, the fire, and the abduction of Christian, while under the Abbotts’ care. This sets Jack off, which leads to the judge threatening him with contempt. Dina stands and hollers at the judge to leave ‘John’ alone – she failed him, and had numerous affairs. She wails about leaving her children and says she deserves the worst punishment imaginable. Jack looks like he’s been punched in the gut. The judge calls the lawyers into chambers to decide if they can continue.

In the courtroom, Bloodworth’s lawyer is set to continue, but Michael requests another minute with his client. Jack confides he hates putting his mother through this. Michael tries to downplay the revelation of multiple affairs and says Dina’s outburst may have helped their case. Jack decides he’ll have to concede. Just then, Traci and Ashley arrive and confer with Michael, who informs the judge they’ll proceed and there is new evidence. He submits a manuscript of Dina’s journal in which she describes her feelings as her relationship with Graham began and developed. An excerpt is read in which she gushes over her new friend, Graham, whom she met on a yacht.Jack-reaction-court-YR-CBS Another, six months into the relationship, has Dina questioning if his sincerity is all a performance. Later, she no longer trusts him, realizes he’s after her money, and writes that she needs to sever all ties. The journal then indicates that before she had a chance, she was diagnosed with Alzheimer’s. In the next excerpt, Dina wants to see her children and apologize, but has become convinced that Graham is the only one who will look after her and mentions changing her will. The judge adjourns to consider the new evidence. The Abbotts are bursting with confidence as they wait. Michael calls them back in as Graham’s asked to take the stand. Graham testifies that the suit brought against him is a waste of time, then reveals that he and Dina Mergeron are married; making him her next of kin.

Next on The Young and the Restless:

Reed goes to court.

- Candace Young

http://soaps.sheknows.com/the-young-...na-are-married
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sandellbisquit For This Useful Post:
Rellie (01-10-2018), Sherie (01-11-2018), Spicy~hot (01-10-2018)
Old 01-09-2018, 04:33 PM
Soap Addict

Cool

WED 1/10 RECAP

Wednesday US

Abbott's:
Michael arrives to meet the family before court. Only Jack home, doesn't know where Ashley and Traci are.

Club:
Ashley and Traci spot Mattie, tell her it's an emergency, they need to see Devon. Mattie tries to reach Devon, who gives them permission to go through all of the Mergeron files. They are looking for anything that might have slipped through the cracks that might Derail Graham's plans.

Court:
Jack regretting having to put Dina through this. Graham and Dina arrive, Graham and Jack get into it into it in the hallway. Michael cautions him to keep it together in front of the judge. Dina thinks she is in court to divorce John.

Club: Traci and Ashley overwhelmed with all the files. They begin going through them but get frustrated at how many boxes there are and that so much of it is written in French.

Court:
Graham's lawyer arrives who Michael says from his experience loves the game and the win. Lawyers begin opening statements. Michael putting down Graham, Graham's lawyer pointing out the Abbott family are not who they seem, case in point, Dina's two daughters did not even bother to show up. Jack takes the stand who talks about Graham and his relationship with Dina. How he stalked her and attempted to push himself into Dina's life and business. Jack also discussed Graham's desire for revenge due to Brent Davis.

Graham's lawyer pushes Jack on how much contact he and his sisters have had with Dina. Brings up how all of the visits were with Dina coming to Geona City to see them, that none of them were of them going to Paris to see her, even when they were Europe. Also brings up the fight at Jabot and how it reflects on the unity of the Abbott Family. Discuss all of the incidents with Dina since under Jack and Ashley's care.

The Club:
Traci getting frustrated, says they have to get to court. Ashley says she's found something.

Court:
Jack struggling with Dina looking so upset, talks to Michael about letting things go and not putting her through it. Just as Michael is going to tell this to the judge, Ashley and Traci arrive and hand a huge document to Michael.

The document is a journal Dina was writing, a memoir of the last few years. Dina is shown in flashback writing. The memoir details her meeting Graham and how their relationship progressed. Moves on to Dina starting to suspect Graham of only wanting her money and how she has lost trust in him. Dina also writes about getting her Alzheimer's diagnosis and her regrets over her relationship with her children. Jack, Ashley and Traci are emotional as they hear Dina's thoughts in her book. Dina makes it clear in her writing she does not trust Graham, but that he is the only one who will be there to help her through until the end.

Court takes a recess, the Abbott's are sure thing are going to go their way. When court returns, Graham takes the stand. Graham says the Abbott's have many personal issues they are trying to lay on him. Graham says they want him out of the picture so they can control Dina. Graham says no matter the outcome, one thing cannot be changed. Dina and he are married, he is her legal next of kin. Graham and Dina blow kisses at one another.
The Following User Says Thank You to sandellbisquit For This Useful Post:
Sherie (01-10-2018)
Old 01-09-2018, 06:34 PM
Premium Member

Credits: 275,745

Wow....I thought early on that Dina and Graham were married, but gave up on the idea. I was more expecting it to come out that Brent Davis is Graham's father, but not with Dina as his mother....making him and Ashley half-siblings.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to chelseak524 For This Useful Post:
Rellie (01-10-2018), Sherie (01-10-2018)
Old 01-10-2018, 12:40 AM
Executive Member

Credits: 275,955

Does it really matter? Graham obviously married Dina after he found out she had alzheimer’s. Doesn’t that prove he was taking advantage of a sick persons lack of judgement?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sherie For This Useful Post:
Rellie (01-10-2018), sandellbisquit (01-10-2018)
Old 01-10-2018, 09:07 AM
Soap Addict

HAaaaaaaaa, them getting married thru me for a loop. I can't wait to watch this episode.

I called my neighbor and asked if she watch Y&R yet, she didn't. she tapes the episodes , as I do...
Sherie (01-11-2018)
Old 01-10-2018, 09:09 AM
Soap Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by chelseak524 View Post
Wow....I thought early on that Dina and Graham were married, but gave up on the idea. I was more expecting it to come out that Brent Davis is Graham's father, but not with Dina as his mother....making him and Ashley half-siblings.
I thought the same thing. Marriage, wasn't even on my radar. Good episode.

Love to hate Graham.

Jack is gonna have a heart attack!
Sherie (01-11-2018)
Old 01-11-2018, 10:35 AM
Executive Member

Credits: 275,955

It is all so well done. Sandy,I agree about Jack. Peter Bergman is such a good actor.He gets me crying too. They all are sooooo good. Ashley,Tracey,Jack and Dina. love you all.
The Following User Says Thank You to Sherie For This Useful Post:
sandellbisquit (01-11-2018)
Old 01-11-2018, 12:24 PM
Soap Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherie View Post
It is all so well done. Sandy,I agree about Jack. Peter Bergman is such a good actor.He gets me crying too. They all are sooooo good. Ashley,Tracey,Jack and Dina. love you all.

Yes, it truly is a well oiled cast. I can't wait for todays show. It was already on, but didn't watch as yet or read the spoiler.

My neighbor is coming over today to chit-chat about Y&R. I love my soaps/