Soaps and Entertainment  

Go Back   Soaps and Entertainment > TV Shows, Movies, and Music > Soap Opera Forums > The Bold and the Beautiful

Old 10-12-2017, 01:30 PM
Soap Addict

Credits: 673,115
Thanked 14,958 Times in 10,430 Posts
Wink Latest B&B News WK.10/23

Heather Tom, Karla Mosley & Jacob Young Travel on a B&B Publicity Tour

Three soap stars are headed to thank fans.

Soaps.com has learned that “The Bold and the Beautiful” stars Jacob Young (Rick Forrester), Karla Mosley (Maya Avant Forrester), and Heather Tom (Katie Logan), are headed on a publicity tour to South Africa. For the trip, which will take place over five days from October 21 through 26, the actors will travel to Cape Town and Johannesburg. Activities scheduled include personal appearances at two shopping centers - Mall of Africa, a shopping mall located in Waterfall City, Midrand, Gauteng and Maponya Mall, a massive shopping centre in Soweto. The tour stops at several landmarks including Soweto Township and a flat-topped Table Mountain which overlooks the city of Cape Town, in addition to a private event featuring a meet and greet session for winners of a contest.

As for the purpose of the trip to South Africa, executive producer and head writer Brad Bell explained in a statement to Soap Opera Digest, “I’m so thankful that after 30 years, our South African viewers and our broadcaster, SABC3, remain an integral part of our extended television family. To celebrate this occasion, we’re sending Karla, Heather and Jacob in person to convey our warm greetings and gratitude to our fans.”

While Young and Mosley’s “B&B” characters haven’t been featuring heavily on the soap lately, they’ve both had outside gigs keeping them busy. Jacob Young performs country music in support of his album, and Karla Mosley acts on Wed Locked, her web series with co-star Lawrence Saint Victor (Carter). Heather Tom’s character Katie, of course, is embroiled in a front-burner romance with her ex-husband’s son, Wyatt (Darin Brooks). Mosley took to Twitter to share the exciting news, and posted, "The secret's out - South Africa here we come!"

http://soaps.sheknows.com/the-bold-a...publicity-tour
Old 10-20-2017, 02:30 PM
Soap Addict

Wink

86th Annual Hollywood Christmas Parade Announced

Daytime stars come out to celebrate the holidays with fans.

Soaps.com has details for this year’s 86th Annual Hollywood Christmas Parade, which will be filmed live on Sunday November 26 at 5:00 PM and will air nationwide as a two-hour special on the CW network on Friday December 15 at 8:00 PM – with an encore to air on the Hallmark Channel (date to be announced). Dr. Oz has been delegated as the grand marshal with Erik Estrada ("B&B," Eduardo Dominguez), Laura McKenzie, Dean Cain and Montel Williams as hosts, as well as co-hosts Elizabeth Stanton and Garrett Clayton. There will also be live musical performances, on two stages, to benefit The Marines Toys for Tots Foundation.

The Associated Television International will present and produce the parade that will air to over a million American servicemen and women worldwide on American Forces Network. More than a million spectators attend the live taping each year, as celebrity-filled cars and floats containing larger than life inflatable character balloons make their way down the three mile route. Of this year’s grand marshal, President of Associated Television International Jim Romanovich stated, "Dr. Oz is a foremost daytime fixture on television whose multiple Emmy wins and chart topping ratings, in addition to helping millions of people every day deal with life's challenges, make him the perfect choice to lead the parade as Grand Marshal."

Take a look back at photos of soap stars at the 85th Annual Hollywood Christmas Parade and stay tuned as Soaps.com will update readers with details as to which “The Bold and the Beautiful,” “Days of our Lives,” “General Hospital” and “The Young and the Restless” actors will be in attendance for the annual event

- Amy Mistretta

http://soaps.sheknows.com/soaps/news...rade-announced
The Following User Says Thank You to sandellbisquit For This Useful Post:
L.Kaye (10-21-2017)
Old 10-21-2017, 12:26 PM
Soap Addict

Wink

Ingo Rademacher reveals the surprising way he joined B&B
by Kambra Clifford

General Hospital alum Ingo Rademacher dishes on how he became The Bold and the Beautiful's new Thorne -- and it's probably not how viewers imagined!

The soap world was set ablaze last month when The Bold and the Beautiful's Winsor Harmon revealed that he had been surprised to be replaced by General Hospital star Ingo Rademacher in the role of Thorne Forrester. Viewers couldn't believe the bolt from the blue and are still trying to piece together just how and why the recast happened. Luckily, Rademacher has a little insight.

The actor shares that B&B originally reached out to cast him in a short-term role on the CBS soap opera a role that eventually fell through.

"I was supposed to go right into The Bold and the Beautiful and play this character, Mateo, which didn't really sound right," he reveals. "They were casting a groundskeeper for the Forrester family, and it sounded like he would be Hispanic, that's how the character was written, and then I guess Brad [Bell, executive producer/head writer] got ahold of it and said, 'Why are you using Ingo Rademacher for this role?'"

He continues: "My manager told me they were looking for this role for a really long time. He was supposed to be in his 30s, which is a bit of a stretch [laughs]. Anyway, I guess Brad said, 'No, I don't want you to waste him on that; can we make a deal real quick?' I was supposed to start shooting literally the next day, and I said to my managers, 'Don't put this kind of stress on them, just have them recast it, even if the full-time contract doesn't work out for us. It really doesn't fit me at all, and I want to hear what Brad has to offer.' I've always heard great things about B&B. People have loved working there, same with The Young and the Restless, too. So I was happy to hear what the offer would be and happy to say that we worked out a deal, so I'm stoked to come on the show."

It will be interesting to see what Bell has up his sleeve for Rademacher's Thorne, who will make his first appearance on November 27 -- especially because the character has rarely been seen on-screen in recent years. Thorne was taken off contract back in 2010 and has appeared on a recurring basis since then, with his last significant appearance coming in 2015 when his daughter, Aly, was killed off.

For more from Rademacher about joining B&B, including how he feels about replacing Harmon, check out Soap Opera Digest's interview with the actor here

INTERVIEW HERE:

http://www.soapoperadigest.com/conte...her-interview/

http://soapcentral.com/bb/news/2017/..._landed_bb.php
Old 10-21-2017, 05:12 PM
Soap Addict

Wink

I CAN'T WAIT!!

"Big Brother 19" winner Josh Martinez will guest star on "The Bold and the Beautiful" on Tuesday October 24 in scenes with John McCook (Eric Forrester).

Newcomer to daytime, Josh Archer has booked an unnamed role on "B&B."

http://soaps.sheknows.com/the-bold-a...ngs-and-goings
Old 10-22-2017, 12:59 PM
Soap Addict

THIS MAY PERTAIN TO ANY OF THE 4 SOAPS PLAYING

Blind item #1:A recent casting change is causing all sorts of anxiety on the set of this soap

Blind item 2:This star is suddenly tight lipped about a very compelling story

Blind item#3:A vet looks to be on the way out at one show

Blind item 4:This soap is adding a male with a few soap credits under his belt to its roster of contract players

Blind item 5:One soap is shaking things up by pairing two unlikely actors