Soaps and Entertainment  

Go Back   Soaps and Entertainment > TV Shows, Movies, and Music > Soap Opera Forums > The Young and the Restless

Old 10-05-2017, 11:50 AM
Soap Addict

Credits: 673,480
Thanked 14,964 Times in 10,434 Posts
Wink Latest Y&R News WK.10/9

THE YOUNG & THE RESTLESS Spoilers 10/5/17 — Ashley Receives a Major Award!

Oct 5, 2017 7:00 am

By Chris Eades

The higher they are, the harder they fall, as the saying goes. And in these spoilers from THE YOUNG & THE RESTLESS, the Abbotts could be setting themselves up for a big fall. Although not before they take Billy and Victoria down first!

At Brash & Sassy, Billy complains to Victoria that they seem to have hit a dead end. “After everything we’ve done to beat Jack?” he argues. “It could be all for nothing.” Because Jack is on to Billy’s scheme to access the private Jabot servers to steal company secrets to give them an edge up on the competition. But Jack’s not worried about that at the moment because he’s showing Ashley the Innovator of the Year Award that she is being honored with. “Your name and Dad’s are linked together with this honor forever,” Jack declares. Ashley beams with pride, clearly touched by the honor and the idea of being given the same award as her father. But that bubble could soon burst!

Jack and Ashley were suspicious of Graham, but it now seems that their family isn’t so much his target as it's their mother, Dina! On the phone with his own mom, Graham listens as she berates him into shaping up. “Don’t get soft, Graham,” Myrna demands. “Not when we’re so close to paying that bitch Dina back for what she did to us!” Will Graham agree to follow through with their plan, or is he having second thoughts now that he’s gotten closer to Dina and the Abbott family?

http://cbs.soapsindepth.com/posts/th...-ashley-143473

`````````````````````````````````````````````````` ```````````````````````````````````

THE YOUNG & THE RESTLESS Alum Eva Marcille Joins THE REAL HOUSEWIVES OF ATLANTA!

Oct 3, 2017 12:26 pm

By Chris Eades

Another daytime actress is becoming a real housewife! THE YOUNG & THE RESTLESS alum Eva Marcille (ex-Tyra) is joining the cast of THE REAL HOUSEWIVES OF ATLANTA for the 10th season of the hit reality series! While DAYS OF OUR LIVES’ Lisa Rinna (Billie) is still on THE REAL HOUSEWIVES OF BEVERLY HILLS, Eileen Davidson (Ashley, Y&R) recently revealed that she would not be returning to the show for another season.

Marcille launched her career as the winner of the third cycle of AMERICA’S NEXT TOP MODEL while she was still going by the name Eva Pigford. She changed her last name to her middle name of Marcille when she changed management and pursued an acting career. She made appearances in SMALLVILLE, EVERYBODY HATES CHRIS, and TYLER PERRY’S HOUSE OF PAYNE before landing the role of Tyra Hamilton on Y&R.

On the soap, Tyra arrived looking for her nephew, Devon, and fell in love with his adoptive father, Neil. They got married so she could keep custody of the child she had been raising even though it wasn’t her biological child. Things got even more complicated when Tyra later learned that Devon wasn’t her biological nephew, so the two had sex! While we’re sure nothing quite that scandalous will happen on REAL HOUSEWIVES, there will definitely be drama ahead! “I’m so excited to join NeNe [Leakes] and the ladies for the 10th season of RHOA,” Marcille told Us. “Atlanta and America, get ready!”

In real life, Marcille has a three-year old daughter named Marley Rae, which she is raising with ex-boyfriend, singer/songwriter Kevin McCall. She will join RHOA vets Kenya Moore, Cynthia Bailey, Kadi Burruss, Shereé Whitfield, and Porsha Williams as well as NeNe Leaks and Kim Zolciak-Biermann, who are returning to the show for the new season. It doesn’t premiere until Sunday, Nov. 5, but you can get a sneak peek at some of the drama that's coming up in this special teaser !

see video here:
http://cbs.soapsindepth.com/posts/ev...atlanta-143304

Last edited by sandellbisquit; 10-05-2017 at 12:00 PM.
Old 10-05-2017, 11:54 AM
Soap Addict

Wink

THE YOUNG & THE RESTLESS' David Lago Stars in a New Movie From Writer/Director Jason Cook!

Oct 4, 2017 3:44 pm

By Chris Eades

A familiar face to THE YOUNG & THE RESTLESS fans is starring in a new movie written and directed by another daytime alum! David Lago (ex-Raul) shared a photo of himself relaxing in his trailer and with co-star Lindy Booth to his Instagram to announce his latest project. “In the trailer and on deck to shoot the next scene of the new film, Creatress,” he posted.

Written and directed by fellow daytime alum Jason Cook (ex-Shawn-Douglas, DAYS OF OUR LIVES; ex-Matt, GENERAL HOSPITAL), The Creatress also stars Fran Drescher and Peter Bogdanovich. It centers around young bestselling author Eryn Bellow, who runs into trouble when critics complain she is being declared a living literary legend. As she is attacked by bad reviews and a fake memoir designed to destroy her career, As Eryn attempts to navigate the disaster her life is becoming, she must find her voice and prove that a happy ending is still possible.

Lago was very popular during his 1999-2009 stint on Y&R, also picking up five Daytime Emmy Award nominations for Outstanding Younger Actor, taking home the trophy in 2005. Since leaving daytime, he has appeared in films like LA Apocalypse, A Killer Walks Amongst Us, and The Wrong Mother.

Cook has continued acting since leaving DAYS in 2015, appearing in the films Girlfriend Killer and A Christmas Cruise, but has also stepped behind the camera by writing and directing projects like the shorts Social Security Guard and Love Afterlife as well as the feature State of Bacon and directing the documentary Numb to Life.

The Creatress is currently in production, but as soon as it is completed we’ll be sure to let you know where and when you can see it! And for more on your favorite daytime stars — past and present — keep reading Soaps In Depth magazine!

see his pic here:
http://cbs.soapsindepth.com/posts/th...eatress-143445
Old 10-05-2017, 11:55 AM
Soap Addict

Wink

What Happened to Dylan on THE YOUNG & THE RESTLESS? — Relive His Most Dramatic Moments!

Updated: Oct 4, 2017 12:15 pm

By Chris Eades

Back in 2013, Steve Burton joined the cast of THE YOUNG & THE RESTLESS as Dylan McAvoy and quickly became a fan favorite among viewers just as he had when he starred as GENERAL HOSPITAL's Jason. Sadly for viewers, the actor left the soap in January of 2017 to spend more time with his family. But Burton and his heroic alter ego are still much-missed by Y&R fans.

Avery believed Dylan had died in Afganistan, so she was shocked to find him calling himself Mac and working for Nick at The Underground! Unfortunately, she couldn’t rekindle things with the former soldier because she was now in love with Nick.

http://cbs.soapsindepth.com/posts/th...ry-nick-228810
Old 10-05-2017, 11:58 AM
Soap Addict

Wink

THE YOUNG & THE RESTLESS Spoilers 10/4/17 — Graham Is Confronted With the Truth!

Oct 4, 2017 7:00 am

By Chris Eades

Secrets are notoriously hard to keep in Genoa City, and in these spoilers from THE YOUNG & THE RESTLESS, Graham is caught in a lie and Billy is caught with his hand in the cookie jar! It’s going to take some smooth talking to get out of these sticky situations!

Digging into Graham’s mysterious past, Ashley and Jack discovered that his dead mother is very much still alive and kicking, and he’s paying for her pricey nursing home with the money he’s earning from Dina. And it looks as though Dina has discovered the truth herself when she confronts Graham in her room. “The question is,” she says carefully, “is your mother alive?” Graham looks like a deer caught in headlights at the very question — can he charm Dina into believing whatever new lies he concocts to cover his true intentions?

At the Genoa City Athletic Club, Phyllis is about to go put her bag containing her laptop in her locker, but Billy reaches out to take it from her instead. “I’ll take this,” he insists, pulling it out of her grasp. “You don’t have time to put this in your locker. You go ahead.” Phyllis shrugs it off, but clearly, Billy plans to use his girlfriend’s laptop to access the secure Jabot servers once again. And sure enough, Ravi comes bursting into Jack’s office to interrupt his conversation with Ashley with the news. “Dina’s password was used to log into the server,” he announces in a panic. Ashley looks to Jack, who proclaims: “Billy Abbott strikes again!” Has Billy just stumbled directly into Jack’s latest trap?

http://cbs.soapsindepth.com/posts/th...am-dina-143365
Old 10-05-2017, 12:03 PM
Soap Addict

Wink

Ingo Rademacher's first airdate as B&B's Thorne announced

by Kambra Clifford

Posted Tuesday, October 03, 2017

Find out when you can expect to see General Hospital alum Ingo Rademacher make his first appearance as The Bold and the Beautiful's Thorne Forrester.

Shock waves were sent through the daytime community last month when it was announced that General Hospital favorite Ingo Rademacher (ex-Jasper Jacks) would be taking over the role of The Bold and the Beautiful's Thorne Forrester -- a role that's been played by Winsor Harmon since 1996. And now soap fans will know when Rademacher's Thorne debuts.

The CBS soap has announced that Rademacher will be reporting for his first day at work on Tuesday, October 24, and will make his on-screen debut as Eric's son on Monday, November 27.

“I'm stoked to come on the show,” the actor told Soap Opera Digest.

That being said, Rademacher admits it has been slightly uncomfortable to take over a role that belonged to another actor.

"[Harmon] tweeted over this past weekend that his role was being recast and I read the comments and a lot of people weren't happy," Rademacher revealed at the time the recast news was announced. "There was a lot of support for Winsor, and rightly so. I said to my wife, ‘Wow, I feel kind of bad about this.' I mean, I know it's the way things go in daytime, but this is a new experience for me. I've never stepped into a role that was previously played by someone else. I hope the fans aren't too upset about this."

Harmon is the third actor to play Thorne, following Clayton Norcross and Jeff Trachta. Trachta recently stole the spotlight as "Dancing Trump" on NBC's reality competition America's Got Talent.

Rademacher first appeared as GH's Jax in January 1996. Since 2011, he's been making only occasional appearance as dictated by story. An ABC spokesperson did not respond to requests for comment about whether or not the role of Jax will be recast

http://soapcentral.com/bb/news/2017/...st_airdate.php
Old 10-05-2017, 04:17 PM
Soap Addict

Wink

RATINGS – Week of September 18 - 22

Y&R

Total Viewers
Up .. 58,000 .. week over week
Down .. 376,000 .. compared to same week last year
Households
Y&R 3.15/11 (+.01/-.3)

Women 18-49 Viewers
Y&R 481,000 (+7,000/-139,000)
Women 18-49 Rating
Y&R 0.74/7 (+.01/-.22)<-- ties low (5th straight week)

Women 18-34 Viewers
Y&R 127,000 (+8,000/-16,000)
Women 18-34 Rating
Y&R 0.36 (+.02/-.05)

Women 25-54 Viewers
Y&R 762,000 (+14,000/-145,000)
Women 25-54 Rating
Y&R 1.24 (+.02/-.25)

Day to Day Ratings & HH/Total Viewers
Monday: 3.24/4,426,000
Tuesday: 3.23/4,567,000
Wednesday: 3.12/4,449,000
Thursday: 3.06/4,271,000
Friday: 3.08/4,347,000
Old 10-07-2017, 09:19 AM
Soap Addict

Wink

Casting scoops

Deborah Geffner plays Traci's old classmate on October 10

Beth Maitland will return as Traci Abbott in several episodes.

Tristan Rogers returns in his role as Colin Atkinson on October 9.
Old 10-07-2017, 12:08 PM
Soap Addict

Wink

OH WOW!!

Jensen Buchanan Sentenced to Jail Time in DUI Case

A soap alum faces the courts

Updated October 7: Soaps.com has learned that on Friday October 6 former soap actress Jensen Buchanan was sentenced to 1 year in county jail and 5 years probation after previously pleading guilty to DUI. Noozhawk news

https://www.noozhawk.com/article/soa...rt_on_dui_case

reported that Judge James Voysey heard statements from the victim and his wife, who urged him to impose the maximum sentence of 6 years in prison.

“Even though I didn’t die that day, in a very real sense she took away my life, because now I am going to die sooner than I probably would have,” Bradley Asolas stated. “I will list my injuries because it’s insane how broken up my body got. You might give her the max. I have basically been given a death sentence. Quite frankly, I didn’t die that day, I very well could have. They kept me alive those doctors. Praise the doctors at Cottage Hospital, they kept me alive.”

Buchanan’s defense attorneys Josh Lynn and Dmitry Gorin said during the last 16 months, the former soap actress has remained sober and changed her life. “The circumstance after this accident was one I have just never seen on either side that I have been on —a defendant doing what she has done,” Lynn said. “And it’s not because she had money or because she was well-known.”

Buchanan, in handcuffs, faced the courtroom and addressed the Asolas family. “I’m the drunk driver who caused tremendous emotional pain and suffering to your entire community and family. I made the tragic choice to drink and drive, changing the course of your life forever. What I did is wrong. I am deeply and profoundly sorry for all the pain and suffering I have caused all of you.” She went on to say, “I promise you there is no incarceration that will be as difficult as living with the knowledge of the damage that I have inflicted on you and your family. I am forever changed by what I have done. I will live, rightly so, with the horror of what I have caused."

The judge had a very hard time determining the punishment and stated, “If prison would give back something to the family,” he would have imposed the maximum sentence. During Buchanan’s sentence, she’ll be supervised and will attend programs for her disease of alcoholism. “Should Ms. Buchanan violate the terms and conditions of her probation, every day of that six-year prison sentence is right there, and I would not hesitate to impose it,” Judge Voysey warned.

The Asolas received a $5 million settlement from Buchanan’s insurance.

As reported on August 21, though Jensen Buchanan entered a not-guilty plea to driving under the influence back in October 2016, Soaps.com has learned that on Friday August 18 the former soap actress pleaded guilty, as reported by the Santa Maria Times. Her sentence could consist of five years of probation plus up to a year in county jail. The victim, Bradley Asolas, and his wife, Sandy, spoke out at the latest hearing…

"I think it's wrong. My life's forever changed, and she got off with a slap on the wrist," Asolas said. "When I drive now, I always wonder, if I'm involved in a crash again where the airbags break out and my heart gives out again, I can actually die this time."

Sandy added, "She drank, hit my husband and he almost died and I had to sit through that, watch him go through that, and all of our lives are changed forever."

Buchanan’s sentencing hearing is set for Friday October 6. Judge James Voysey will also hear about Asolas’ medical conditions during this time and informed Buchanan that her conditional sentence may change after the fact.

On June 19, Soaps.com learned Jensen Buchanan's preliminary hearing, which was to begin on June 9, had been postponed to Friday August 18. The Santa Ynez Valley News is reporting that the hearing will last about four hours, beginning at 8:30 AM in Department 8 of the Santa Maria Superior Court. Judge Gustavo Lavayen will preside.

On May 18, Soaps.com reported that Jensen Buchanan appeared before Santa Barbara County Superior Court Judge Gustavo Lavayen on Wednesday May 17, along with the victim Bradley Asolas and his family. Since a preliminary hearing date was set for June 9 it appears attempts to reach a plea deal had failed, as reported by Noozhawk News. The crime in question took place one year ago on Wednesday May 18, 2016. Soaps.com will continue to update readers as the preliminary hearing begins.

On March 16 Soaps.com reported via Santa Barbara's Noozhawk News that former "Y&R" actress, Jensen Buchanan, entered a Santa Maria courtroom on Wednesday March 14 and learned that her case has been continued to Wednesday April 5. It's possible on that date that the former soap actress could be informed whether or not she'll receive jail time for her felony crimes stemming from driving under the influence of alcohol and causing injury. While the DA believes Buchanan deserves to go to prison, her defense team is hoping for probation, due to her having no criminal history.

Jensen Buchanan appeared in court with her attorneys on January 11, 2017 and learned that she will wait two more months for a preliminary hearing date pending a pre-plea report from the Probation Department. The Santa Maria Times reports that the case was continued until March 15.

As previously reported by Soaps.com, The Santa Maria Times stated that on Friday October 14, 2016, in Santa Maria Superior Court, Jensen Buchanan’s defense attorney Meryl Chambers entered a not-guilty plea on her behalf to felony DUI. Buchanan, who was in attendance, was ordered by Judge Patricia Kelly to continue to wear an electronic monitoring bracelet and remain in a sober living facility until her next court date on Wednesday November 30 upon which a preliminary hearing date will be set.

According to the Santa Maria Times, Jensen Buchanan appeared before the court today and failed to enter a plea on the charges against her in relation to the car crash on May 18. The actress, who was wearing an ankle-monitoring bracelet and reportedly appeared 'disheveled', has entered a live-in residential treatment program and attends Alcoholics Anonymous meetings daily, according to her lawyer, Dmitry Gorin.

Santa Barbara District Attorney Joyce Dudley announced on June 14 that actress Jensen Buchanan has been charged with felony driving under the influence of alcohol causing injury, and felony driving with a blood alcohol level of .08 percent or greater in relation to the car crash on May 18. Santa Barbara's Noozhawk reported that she has also been charged with causing great bodily injury to 56 year-old Bradley Asolas of Camarillo, California, with an allegation that her blood alcohol level exceeded .15 percent. Court documents allege that she was driving with a blood alcohol level of .34 percent when the incident occurred.

Buchanan is due to be arraigned in court in Santa Barbara on June 22.

Jensen Buchanan was remanded on $100,000 bail and was still in custody as of this afternoon on charges of driving under the influence of alcohol/drugs with injury or death and driving under the influence of alcohol with blood alcohol content over .08%. Her actual blood alcohol content was not released.

“The Young and the Restless’” former actress, Jensen Buchanan, who recurs as Genoa City’s Elise Moxley, was involved in a car crash early on Wednesday May 18, according to CBS Los Angeles. The report indicated that Buchanan was driving her black 2016 Mercedes at about 6:20 AM local time on State Route 154 near Santa Barbara when her vehicle drifted across the center line and struck a white 2014 Ford C-Max traveling in the opposite direction. Both Buchanan and the other driver were taken to the hospital, where the actress was treated for minor injuries, and the 56 year-old male driver of the white Ford was found to have suffered major injuries as a result of the crash. Later, Buchanan was arrested for DUI.

Jensen Buchanan joined Y&R in November 2015,

http://soaps.sheknows.com/the-young-...ensen-buchanan

though she is no longer working on the show.

She is a true daytime veteran, having appeared on “One Life to Live” as Sarah Buchanan,

“Another World” as twins Vicky and Marley Hudson,

“As the World Turns” as Vicky McKinnon,

and “General Hospital” as Melissa Bedford.

The actress just completed work on the film, “Wraith.”

- Candace Young/Amy Mistretta

http://soaps.sheknows.com/the-young-...or-alleged-dui
Old 10-07-2017, 12:43 PM
Soap Addict

Wink

Maxfield Lund, Amielynn Abellera and Kamal Khan will play architects on the October 9 episode of "B&B."

"Big Brother 19" winner Josh Martinez will guest star on "The Bold and the Beautiful" on October 24 in scenes with John McCook (Eric Forrester).

Dan Martin returns to "B&B" as Lt. Baker in upcoming episodes. We last saw Baker in July episode of Bold and the Beautiful after RJ and Coco's car accident.

Carlos Arellano is no stranger to soaps. For those who were asking, he was seen as the 'Fire Captain' on "B&B." The actor also had previously booked General Hospital as a bartender in January, and has been seen on "Days of our Lives" various times from 2009 to 2015.

Tom Lind will return to "B&B" as Michael, a Spencer pilot, on October 6. He's played the role on and off since 2011 and also appeared on "Days of our Lives" as Galen in 2014, on "All My Children" as an orderly in 2011 and on "Y&R" as a fireman in 2010.

Kevin Ashworth plays a "B&B" Spencer employee on October 5. The actor appeared as Keith Thomas on "Y&R" in 2011.

Carl Zauner appears as an 'Il Giardino manager on "B&B" on October 2.

http://soaps.sheknows.com/the-bold-a...ngs-and-goings
Old 10-08-2017, 10:59 AM
Soap Addict

Wink

Y&R and B&B may be relocating as CBS ponders sale of Television City studios

by Kambra Clifford

Posted Tuesday, October 03, 2017

CBS is reportedly considering selling its historic Television City studios, meaning The Young and the Restless and The Bold and the Beautiful may have to relocate.

Major changes could be in store for The Young and the Restless and The Bold and the Beautiful: both soap operas may be forced to move production, as CBS is reportedly pondering selling the historic Television City studios in which the series are filmed.

The famed studios, located at Fairfax Avenue and Beverly Boulevard in the heart of the Fairfax district in Los Angeles, are rumored to be valued between $500 million and $750 million -- which is quite a tempting figure for the TV network that purchased the property in 1950 in order to expand television production in Hollywood.

A source who preferred to remain anonymous told the Los Angeles Times that the process of marketing the property began after CBS received unsolicited offers for the studios. CBS then reportedly hired real estate brokerage Eastdil Secured to manage the fact-finding process as they mull over selling options.

In the grand scheme of things, a sale seems likely. Only one program owned outright by CBS, The Late, Late Show With James Corden, shoots at Television City (Y&R and B&B are owned by outside productions companies); most CBS-owned shows are filmed at the company's primary studio space on Radford Avenue in Studio City.

Meanwhile, although some executive offices remain at Television City, CBS' biggest business at the complex is that of landlord. The company leases seven of its eight soundstages and other studio space to third parties like ABC's Dancing With the Stars and the game show The Price is Right (which has been shot on the same soundstage -- Stage 33 -- since 1972).

If CBS does indeed decide to sell the property, it could be a loss for the history of entertainment and American pop culture.

"Television City represents the pinnacle of high production standards in television," said Jim Shea, a video editor for the NBC-owned television station in Boston, WBTS. "The site ought to be declared a national historic landmark because of the number of legendary programs that emanated from that facility and the people who passed through its doors -- it's a who's who of luminaries in television."

Sources say the property review is in the early stages, and CBS has yet to make a decision about Television Studios' future.

http://soapcentral.com/soapcentral/n...y_for_sale.php