Soaps and Entertainment  

Go Back   Soaps and Entertainment > TV Shows, Movies, and Music > Soap Opera Forums > General Hospital

Old 01-13-2018, 02:51 PM
Soap Addict

Credits: 681,800
Thanked 15,081 Times in 10,519 Posts
Wink Latest GH News WK.1/15

Soaps.com exclusively brings you dayplayers cast in a few upcoming parts for January on ABC's "General Hospital." These parts are often for a single episode or two, though some may be recurring roles. The listed air dates may be off due to past pre-empts of the show, or because scenes were cut.

Stewart Skelton booked an unknown role on "GH" back in December. He's played various dayplayer roles on the ABC soap since 2002 including a desk clerk named Giles, Dr. Legler and Judge Warner.

Darren Dupree Washington, who first appeared as Cassandra's sidekick Erich back on September 20, ended his run on January 2 after Nina and Valentin escaped being held hostage by him.

http://soaps.sheknows.com/general-ho...ngs-and-goings

``````````````````````````

LUCAS

Soaps.com has learned that Ryan Carnes is returning to "General Hospital" as Lucas Jones. The show revealed a backstage photo of Carnes with on-screen mother Jackie Zeman (Bobbie Spencer) and teased the two were taping scenes together this week, which should air sometime in February. Carnes last appeared on "GH" in June of 2017 when Lucas wished Julian good luck in prison right before his father was to be sentenced.

http://soaps.sheknows.com/general-ho...ngs-and-goings

````````````````````````````

`Jim Harvey

I had read that Jim Harvey was the one that hurt Drew when they were kids and blamed Franco. It does make sense.
Old 01-15-2018, 02:21 PM
Soap Addict

Wink

Finola Hughes, Katherine Kelly Lang, Thorsten Kaye Team up in New Film

B&B and GH actors join forces behind the scenes of new film.

Whether you’re a soap opera fan of CBS’ “The Bold and the Beautiful” or ABC’s “General Hospital,” Soaps.com has some exciting news to share. Details are being worked out for the upcoming film, “How to Climb a Tree,” and a few soap stars have signed on to work behind the scenes on the project, which will be filmed in the beautiful countryside of Italy.

The story is written by “B&B’s” Thorsten Kaye (Ridge Forrester) and Lindsey Glass (“The Secret World of Recovery”) with “GH’s” Finola Hughes (Anna Devane) serving as director and Kaye’s “B&B” co-star Katherine Kelly Lang (Brooke Logan) as producer. Roberto Schaefer (“Finding Neverland”) has also joined the team as Director of Photography.

Though not many details have been released yet, “How to Climb a Tree” surrounds the story of “finding the fearlessness to rediscover the joy of friendship, music, love and life - all set in the beautiful Italian countryside.”

The film’s official Twitter is preparing for the campaign launch and stated, “Later this month we will launch a crowdfunding campaign to support the production of the film. We hope you will join us in this support! Our plans are to have some unique experiences & opportunities with your favorite actors - and more! How does that sound? With crowdfunding you might have the opportunity to purchase dinner with one of your favorite actors, a visit to the set to watch filming, signed photos, and more. All proceeds would go to the filming of the feature!”

Stay tuned, as Soaps.com will keep fans updated as more details are revealed

HOW TO CLIMB A TREE

Good Morning Italy! Buongiorno Italia!

"How To Climb A Tree" is a film written by @Iamthorstenkaye, produced by @KatherineKellyL and directed by @FinolaHughes - filming later this year in Italy! ����

FOLLOW US NOW

https://twitter.com/ClimbATreeFilm/s...up-in-new-film

http://soaps.sheknows.com/soaps/news...up-in-new-film
Old 01-15-2018, 02:32 PM
Soap Addict

Wink

GH Alum Ricky Martin Marries Partner Jwan Yosef

Television and music star marries fiancé.

Soaps.com congratulates former "General Hospital" star Ricky Martin (Port Charles' Miguel Morez) on his marriage to partner Jwan Yosef. Martin surprised the world with the news at the 75th Golden Globes, speaking about the marriage to E! News. The actor and singer told E!, "I'm a husband. We exchanged vows, and we've swear [sic] everything, and we've signed all the papers that we needed to sign, prenups and everything." When asked how it feels to be married, he gushed, "It feels amazing! I can't introduce him as my fiancé. I can't. He's my husband. He's my man." No details are available on the ceremony, but the couple is planning a party to celebrate the nuptials. Martin described it as, "The typical three-day party, the dinner, the rehearsal, the party and the recovery."

Martin and Yosef began dating in 2016, and within a year announced their engagement on The Ellen DeGeneres Show. Yosef is a Swedish painter, and Martin met him while looking to purchase some art. "He's a conceptual artist and I'm a collector. I started looking for art and I saw his art and I went crazy because I really love what he does." Martin explained to DeGeneres how he proposed to Yosef. "I got on my knees and I took out the little metal box. I just had it in a little velvet pouch and instead of saying, 'Will you marry me?' I said, 'I got you something!'" Yosef prodded Martin, "What is the question?" to get him to officially ask correctly.

In 2008 Ricky Martin welcomed twin boys, Matteo and Valentino. The children were born through a gestational surrogate, and are now 9 years old. Martin told E! News that he and Yosef have discussed having more children. "I would love to have a big family. Yes, I do want a big family, but there's a lot going on at the moment with a lot of work, wedding, it's a lot going on. So we're going to put things in order first and then we're going to get ready for many more kids."

Martin, known for his hits such as "Livin' La Vida Loca," debuted on "GH" in 1994 as Miguel Morez, a Puerto Rican who fled to the United States to avoid a hit that was put out on him by his fiancée's father, Hernando Rivera. Once in Port Charles he quickly wowwed Lois Cerullo and Brenda Barrett at L&B Records with his singing talents. He left the soap in 1996. Martin can next be seen in the FX Network series "American Crime Story Season 2: The Assassination of Gianni Versace." Martin plays the title character's boyfriend Antonio D'Amico, and the series details Versace's murder at the hands of stalker Andrew Cunanan. The show also stars Edgar Ramirez (Versace), Darren Criss (Cunanan), and Penelope Cruz (Donatella Versace). It debuts on January 17 at 10:00 PM. Watch a trailer for the season below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WrXL4URRbTc

The Assassination of Gianni Versace: American Crime Story | Season 2: Official Trailer [HD] | FX

http://soaps.sheknows.com/general-ho...ner-jwan-yosef
Old 01-15-2018, 02:40 PM
Soap Addict

Wink

Soap Alums Bring Love & Romance to Hallmark Valentine’s Day Premieres

http://soaps.sheknows.com/soaps/news...-day-premieres
Old 01-15-2018, 02:59 PM
Soap Addict

Wink

It's about time RT @GeneralHospital: Spotted: @RyanCarnes1 filming with @JackieZeman this week! What could Bobbie and Lucas be up to? #GH #BehindtheScenes

https://twitter.com/GeneralHospital/...%2F71%2F%23new

````````
michelle Stafford

Not gonna lie. My favorite couple on #GH
https://twitter.com/TheRealStafford/...%2F71%2F%23new

```````````

I haven't listened yet; but I just found this ...

Podcast "The Writers Panel" on nerdist.com
Show description:
"The Writers Panel series is an informal chat moderated by Ben Blacker (co-creator of the Thrilling Adventure Hour; writer for Supah Ninjas, Supernatural, among others) with professional writers about the process and business of writing. Covering TV, film, comic books, music, novels, and any other kind of writing about which you’d care to hear. Proceeds from the live panels benefit 826LA, the national non-profit tutoring program."

And this:
Thier podcast's Episode #366: General Hospital.
Episode Description:
"Head writer Shelly Altman and co-head writer Chris Van Etten of the long-running (55 years and counting!) daytime soap opera are joined by GH super-fan Danielle Sanchez-Witzel to discuss the nuts and bolts of writing a daily hour-long drama."

https://nerdist.com/the-writers-pane...eral-hospital/
Old 01-16-2018, 12:26 PM
Soap Addict

Wink

GENERAL HOSPITAL Spoilers 1/16/18 — Sonny and Jason Set a Trap for Faison!

Jan 16, 2018 10:49 am

By Chris Eades

Jason and Sonny are tightening their noose to ensnare Faison in these GENERAL HOSPITAL spoilers. And while Nelle and Ava seem to think they have something to look forward to, Carly and Kim take steps to stop their children from ruining their own futures!

Michael has been sticking by Nelle ever since she revealed she was pregnant with his baby, but he’s also made it clear that their relationship is over. However, Nelle doesn’t seem to be willing to give up that easily! “What are you doing next Monday?” she asks Michael.

Ava is thrilled to finally be getting the surgery to heal the remaining scars on her face. “Once this horrific chapter is behind me,” she confides to Kiki, “the rest is gonna fall into place.” But Ava’s scars may go deeper than the ones on her face, and it’s going to take more than a plastic surgeon to fix them!

After Carly found the condoms in Josslyn’s purse, she immediately alerted Kim to the fact that their children were apparently planning to sleep together. So now Kim sits down opposite Oscar at Kelly’s and takes a deep breath. “We need to talk," she sighs, "about sex.” And back home, Josslyn wonders what’s on her mother’s mind. “So,” she asks, “do you have something important to talk to me about?” The question, is can Carly do this conversation the right way and not make Joss rebel against her by doing something foolish?

Jason has been getting frustrated at the lack of progress into the investigation about what really happened to him. But now that Spinelli’s fishing E-mail has returned a response, they can start laying their trap for Faison! “We’re gonna figure it out, Jason,” Sonny promises his friend. “And we’re gonna use his son to do it.”

Don’t miss this tease for today’s dramatic episode, and for more GH previews, keep reading the ABC edition of Soaps In Depth magazine!

http://www.abc.soapsindepth.com/post...-faison-151462
Old 01-16-2018, 12:31 PM
Soap Addict

Wink

GENERAL HOSPITAL Star Laura Wright Is "Obsessed" With a New Fitness Challenge!

Updated: Jan 15, 2018 4:49 pm

By Chris Eades

Viewers of GENERAL HOSPITAL are used to seeing Laura Wright looking amazing when she’s on screen as Carly Corinthos, and the actress has not been shy about sharing her fitness journey, and has now embarked upon the 80 Day Obsession challenge, urging her fans to join her! “Hell yeah!” she posted to her Instagram. “January 15, #TeamLaura is getting Obsessed!” She also added hashtags to remind that “you can have everything you want in life” and “it’s up to you.” Fans can reach out to the actress for coaching and advice by E-mailing her at laurawrightfitness@gmail.com.

At the start of the 80-day challenge, Wright celebrated by sharing a very cheerful selfie. “Day one of 80 down!” she posted. “Clearly, I’m really happy about it! Food on point — meal prepping and answering your E-mails!”

The day before beginning the challenge, Wright opened up on Instagram about how you can’t let age get in the way of achieving your goals. “I have so many people asking me can they make huge changes,” Wright shared. “They say, ‘But I’m 42-44,’ ‘I’m over 50.’ Well, I’m 47, and Team Laura starts an 80-day nutrition and workout challenge tomorrow, so you know what I say. Hell yeah! You can have whatever you want.”

While the 80 days have already begun, we’re sure Wright wouldn’t mind adding a few more people to Team Laura. She’s been happily advocating the Beachbody programs for a while now, and just by looking at her, it’s clear that amazing results are achievable! Just look at how incredible Wright has looked from the beginning of her daytime career to today in this video! If anything, she’s just getting more beautiful!

For more on your favorite GH stars, keep reading the ABC edition of Soaps In Depth magazine!

Love GH? Be sure to join our We Love General Hospital Facebook group to chat about all the latest storylines and juicy gossip!

http://www.abc.soapsindepth.com/post...fitness-151435
Old 01-16-2018, 12:35 PM
Soap Addict

Wink

GENERAL HOSPITAL Star Genie Francis Opens up About Laura's "Surprising" New Love (EXCLUSIVE)

Jan 15, 2018 3:46 pm

By Soaps in Depth

If 30 million guests attended your first wedding, you might be skeptical about your chances of finding love again post-divorce. But, against all odds, GENERAL HOSPITAL’s Laura did discover that she had a second soulmate in Kevin. “That was surprising, wasn’t it?” portrayer Genie Francis marveled to Soaps In Depth. “I didn’t know if viewers would accept Laura having a new love life after Luke.

“My hat’s off to the writers and producers,” she continued. “I don’t know how they knew it was going to work, but it was kind of perfect. Besides the chemistry, Kevin and Laura had both been on the canvas for a long time, so it was nice to surprise the audience with something new about those characters. And I’m very happy to play it!”

Having found a scene partner she trusts in Jon Lindstrom (Kevin), the veteran actress — who started playing soapy romances when she was just 14 years old — is grateful. But also, “honestly, I’ve worked so long and so hard that I’ve earned him,” she cracked. “He makes it so easy and fun for me. I just love the actor he is. We’d always had a friendly relationship behind the scenes, but he was just sort of one of the cast. Now, he’s the prize, the pony, I got for all my hard work! That is not to say that Tony Geary (ex-Luke) was not fabulous. I’m not including him in the group of frogs I had to kiss in this career. I was lucky I had a Tony Geary in my life, and now I’ve got a Jon Lindstrom.”

In addition to a new on-screen hubby, these days, Francis finds herself facing off against an entertaining new nemesis. “Helena was a good villain, but she was never funny,” she considered. “Valentin’s been a great addition, and I love working with James Patrick Stuart — who’s just a wonderful actor!”

While Francis enjoys getting to spar with her old pal from ALL MY CHILDREN — in the 1990s, he was Will Cortlandt while she was Ceara Connor — she most loves Valentin for how he affects her character. “You get this whole other color from Laura,” she explained. “It’s her dark side, and I like that I get to have that now. There are times when I work with James, and he looks downright afraid. I even made Valentin stutter once!”

She’s speaking, of course, of the time that Laura pulled a gun on Nikolas’ killer. “And she did pull the trigger... but there was no bullet,” laughed Francis, who warned that Laura might just load that gun if Valentin pushes her too far. “I don’t see her doing it out of anger, but if it came down to defending her grandson... yes!”

Francis maintained that her character now has a fuller life than ever. In addition to the emergence of her dark side, she has gotten political regarding the gentrification of the Charles Street area and her intention to run for mayor of Port Charles. “And then you get the good mom with Lulu and the romantic, vulnerable side with Kevin,” added Francis. “There’s a nice range now. They’ve fleshed Laura out in a way that has never been done.”

http://www.abc.soapsindepth.com/post...in-luke-151421
Old 01-16-2018, 12:38 PM
Soap Addict

Wink

Everything You Need to Know About Ava Jerome on GENERAL HOSPITAL

Jan 15, 2018 3:05 pm

Ava Jerome has been through a lot on GENERAL HOSPITAL, but on Wednesday, Jan. 17, the character will be getting a very special episode that focuses just on her! And even though Ms. Jerome has only been around for a few years, she's made quite an impression!

Ava Jerome made her first appearance in May of 2013 when actress Maura West joined the cast of GH. West was previously best known to daytime fans for her Emmy-winning portrayal of AS THE WORLD TURNS’ Carly, though she also had a brief stint as THE YOUNG & THE RESTLESS’ Diane in between ATWT and GH!

Ava is the daughter of the late mob boss, Victor Jerome, and his ex-mistress, Delia Ryan Coleridge (played by Ilene Kristen). She has a better relationship with her brother, Julian than her sister, Olivia, who returned from the dead hell-bent on taking revenge against her family!

Ava arrived in Port Charles hoping to get a share of ELQ since her daughter Kiki was fathered by Franco, who turned out to be a Quartermaine. But it turned out that Ava had been lying, and Dr. Silas Clay was actually Kiki’s real father. Kiki dumped Morgan after learning he’d known the truth and kept it from her, and Ava was hated by everyone she'd deceived. So the two found comfort in each other and Ava and Morgan began an affair!

When Ava called Derek Wells Julian, it was revealed that he was really her brother, and the siblings joined forces to build the Jerome family back up in the Port Charles mob scene, targeting Sonny for a big fall. When Sonny’s girlfriend, Connie, was murdered, she scrawled “AJ” in blood, which many assumed to mean A.J. Quartermaine was her killer, but the initials actually stood for Ava Jerome!

When A.J. confronted Ava, Sonny walked in as he was strangling her and joined in the fight, ultimately shooting A.J. dead! Ava and Sonny bonded over their shared secret and after A.J.’s funeral, had sex together in the Quartermaine crypt. But when Sonny learned that Ava was Connie’s killer, she warned him he couldn’t kill her for revenge because she was pregnant and the baby was either his child or grandchild (she’d also been sleeping with Morgan, remember)!

While escaping Sonny’s men trying to kidnap her, Ava accidentally ran down Jason and nearly went into premature labor. She was able to carry to term, but upon giving birth to Avery, Nina abducted the child hoping to start a family with Franco! Once Avery was brought home safely, though, Ava was arrested for Connie’s murder. Oh, and by the way, the child turned out to be Sonny’s!

Ava nearly managed to escape from prison but was confronted by Carlos, who shot her. Sonny found her dangling from a bridge but refused to pull her up so she fell to her presumed death. Luckily, Silas had found her and secreted her away to nurse her back to health, though he discovered Ava had terminal leukemia and was forced to use Avery’s bone marrow to save her life.

Returning to town with dark hair and calling herself Denise DiMuccio, Ava was soon exposed but was able to avoid jail time when the tape of her killing Connie disappeared. Wanting custody of Avery, Ava entered into a long, ugly battle with Sonny and Carly over the little girl. When Kiki became involved again with Morgan, Ava tampered with his bipolar medication to cause trouble for them, but Morgan’s downward spiral led him to steal Julian’s car which exploded, killing him!

Having finally made progress with Sonny regarding custody arrangements for Avery, Ava scrambled to cover her tracks, but the truth finally came out, and Sonny and Carly confronted her after the Nurses Ball. Under pressure, Ava cracked and confessed to switching out Morgan's meds and knocked over a lantern to start a fire. Unfortunately, Sonny and Carly managed to escape unscathed while Ava herself suffered horrible burns all over her body.

As she struggled with the guilt of what she'd done to Morgan and having her beauty scarred for life, Ava found a shoulder to cry on in Griffin. Valentin offered Ava a way to restore her face at a shady clinic in Russia if she agreed not to testify against him in Nikolas' murder, and she reluctantly agreed. But at the clinic she met the mysterious Patient Six (who turned out to be Jason Morgan) and helped him escape so he could return home to his family in Port Charles, and Griffin showed up in St. Petersburg to help Ava get out of there alive as well. Once back home, Ava's appearance was slowly restored, and her relationship with Griffin heated up. In fact, after they slept together, he decided to leave the priesthood! Unfortunately, Ava has struggled to feel worthy of Griffin's love and has even acted jealous of the time he's been spending with Kiki, indicating that her scars run much deeper than the ones on her face.

What does the future hold for Ava? Stay tuned to find out, and for more GH news, keep reading the ABC edition of Soaps In Depth magazine!

Love GH? Be sure to join our We Love General Hospital Facebook

http://www.abc.soapsindepth.com/post...ra-west-133338
Old 01-16-2018, 12:40 PM
Soap Addict

Wink

Jan 15, 2018 12:52 pm

GENERAL HOSPITAL Spoilers 1/15/18 — Diane Confronts Sonny and Jason!

The attempts to lure Faison out of hiding could prove deadly in these GENERAL HOSPITAL spoilers! As Maxie and Nathan worry about Lulu’s article, Diane demands an update from Sonny and Jason. Meanwhile, Oscar and Joss make big plans even as Carly confronts Kim about her son. This could get ugly!

Finn may have pulled Anna into a passionate kiss, but their relationship seemed to take a step backward when he moved out of her home and into a room at the Metro Court. At the hospital, he’s happy to see her and admits, “I never really got to say goodbye.” But is this really a step back for them or is this the right move so they can move forward without rushing things?

Maxie and Nathan are freaking out because Lulu’s article about him being the son of Cesar Faison has already been published on the Crimson website and it’s too late to take it back. “What you just said about Lulu is absolutely right,” Peter announces to them as he enters the office. Has Lulu just put her friends’ lives in danger?

Julian and Alexis have been dancing around each other since his release from prison, but it’s clear that neither of them is truly over the other. “I want you to tell me what’s going on with Alexis,” Ava asks her brother with a sly smile. But does Julian even know himself?

Josslyn is super-excited about going to the dance with Oscar, even if her mom doesn't entirely approve. As the two teens sit at a table at Kelly’s, she asks him, “Are we really going to do this?” Oscar smiles and promises: “Only if you’re sure.” Having found condoms in her daughter’s bag, Carly goes to the hospital where she confronts Kim about Oscar. “Tell your son to take a cold shoulder,” she warns the doc, “because he’s the instigator here.” But it doesn’t look like Kim is about to just let Carly walk all over her!

Jason and Sonny have used Spinelli to send an E-mail to P.K. Sinclair as bait to lure Faison out, and it has already been delivered and read. And when Diane finds them all together, she immediately knows something is going on. “You wanna tell your lawyer what you’ve been up to?” she snarks as Jason and Sonny exchange nervous looks. But the more people who are involved in this plan to locate Faison, the more people who will be in jeopardy!

Check out this tease for today’s exciting episode, and for more GH previews, keep reading the ABC edition of Soaps In Depth magazine!

/
http://www.abc.soapsindepth.com/post...y-jason-151387