Soaps and Entertainment  

Go Back   Soaps and Entertainment > TV Shows, Movies, and Music > Soap Opera Forums > General Hospital

Old 11-18-2017, 07:08 AM
Soap Addict

Credits: 673,040
Thanked 14,958 Times in 10,430 Posts
Wink Latest GH News WK.12/4

The Britch is back: Kelly Thiebaud returns to GH

by Dan J Kroll

Posted Friday, November 17, 2017

Kelly Thiebaud (Britt Westbourne) is headed back to Port Charles just in time for the holidays. But exactly what brings her back to town?

Kelly Thiebaud is set to make a short-term reprisal as Britt Westbourne in the weeks ahead, according to Soap Opera Digest.

Thiebaud played Britt from 2012 through 2014, when the actress opted not to renew her contract with GH. She appeared briefly in 2015 and remarked that she'd be open to stepping back into Britt's sometimes bitchy shoes in the future.

Last month, a trailer dropped for Thiebaud's gut-wrenching new film, Every 21 Seconds. The film follows the true story of TBI (Traumatic Brain Injury) survivor Brian Sweeney. You can check out the trailer and learn more about the film in our previous coverage here.

An exact first airdate has yet to be revealed, but Thiebaud will make her return sometime in December

http://soapcentral.com/gh/news/2017/..._gh_return.php
Old 11-27-2017, 03:57 PM
Soap Addict

Wink

Photos of Soap Stars Celebrating at 2017 Hollywood Christmas Parade

Daytime stars come out to celebrate the holidays with fans.

Updated November 27: Soaps.com has photos of the soap opera actors who attended yesterday’s taping of the 86th Annual Hollywood Christmas Parade. Aside from the previously reported "Days" and "Y&R" stars set to attend, "The Bay's" Kristos Andrews, Lilly Melgar and Eric Nelsen, and "Days'" alum Tara Reid (Ashley) also took part in the festivities. View the gallery below and tune in to the CW to watch the parade on Friday December 15 at 8:00 PM.

On November 8 Soaps.com mishael-morgan-bryton-james-christmas-parade-yr-hwlearned that various soap opera actors will be taking part in this year's 86th Annual Hollywood Christmas Parade. Spectators watching the parade will be able to see "Days of our Lives'" Lauren Koslow (Kate), Deidre Hall (Marlena) and Marci Miller (Abby) and “The Young and the Restless’” Kate Linder (Esther), Bryton James (Devon) and Mishael Morgan (Hilary). Stay tuned for more details as they are released.

On October 19, Soaps.com reported details for this year’s 86th Annual Hollywood Christmas Parade, which will be filmed live on Sunday November 26 at 5:00 PM and marci-miller-days-abby-hollywood-christmas-parade-jjwill air nationwide as a two-hour special on the CW network on Friday December 15 at 8:00 PM – with an encore to air on the Hallmark Channel (date to be announced). Dr. Oz has been delegated as the grand marshal with Erik Estrada ("B&B," Eduardo Dominguez), Laura McKenzie, Dean Cain and Montel Williams as hosts, as well as co-hosts Elizabeth Stanton and Garrett Clayton. There will also be live musical performances, on two stages, to benefit The Marines Toys for Tots Foundation.

The Associated Television International will present and produce the parade that will air to over a million American servicemen and women worldwide on American Forces Network. More than a million spectators attend the live taping each year, as celebrity-filled cars and floats containing larger than life inflatable character balloons make their way down the three mile route. Of this year’s grand marshal, President of Associated Television International Jim Romanovich stated, "Dr. Oz is a foremost daytime fixture on television whose multiple Emmy wins and chart topping ratings, in addition to helping millions of people every day deal with life's challenges, make him the perfect choice to lead the parade as Grand Marshal."

http://soaps.sheknows.com/soaps/news...rade-announced
Old 11-29-2017, 01:28 PM
Soap Addict

Wink

When Calls the Heart:

The Christmas Wishing Tree.

Fans will get a sneak peek into 2018’s season five of the Hallmark original when-calls-the-heart-christmas-hallmarkseries through When Calls the Heart: The Christmas Wishing Tree, starring former “The Bold and the Beautiful” and “General Hospital” actor Jack Wagner (Nick Marone, Frisco Jones) and “The Edge of Night” alum Lori Loughlin (Jody Travis), plus Erin Krakow, Daniel Lissing, Martin Cummins and Kavan Smith. Tune in for the movie special on Monday December 25 at 8:00 PM.

SEE THE REST OF THE MOVIES PLAYING HERE:

http://soaps.sheknows.com/soaps/news...premiere-dates
Old 11-29-2017, 04:07 PM
Soap Addict

Wink

Last seen in September 2016, Jaime Lyn Bauer updated her Facebook page to let fans know that she will be returning to "Days of our Lives" as Dr. Laura Horton in 2018.

The actress says, "Shooting at least one show for 'Days of our Lives', the week after Thanksgiving.

I'll keep you apprised of the air date and if there will be more than one!"
Old 11-30-2017, 01:49 PM
Soap Addict

Wink

MOVIES

When Calls the Heart: The Christmas Wishing Tree.

Fans will get a sneak peek into 2018’s season five of the Hallmark original when-calls-the-heart-christmas-hallmarkseries through When Calls the Heart: The Christmas Wishing Tree, starring former “The Bold and the Beautiful” and “General Hospital” actor Jack Wagner (Nick Marone, Frisco Jones) and “The Edge of Night” alum Lori Loughlin (Jody Travis), plus Erin Krakow, Daniel Lissing, Martin Cummins and Kavan Smith.

Tune in for the movie special on Monday December 25 at 8:00 PM

http://soaps.sheknows.com/soaps/news...premiere-dates
Old 12-01-2017, 10:15 AM
Soap Addict

Wink

Jacklyn Zeman dishes racy GH storylines, working with an overbearing EP and more

by Kambra Clifford

Posted Thursday, November 30, 2017

In celebration of forty years on General Hospital, Jacklyn Zeman (Bobbie Spencer) delves deep into her Port Charles history.

Time flies when you're having fun. Evidently, it also flies when you're watching fun, because it feels like just yesterday that Jacklyn Zeman joined the ABC soap opera as teenage hooker Bobbie Spencer -- but it has officially been forty years since that memorable day.

Fans are still crazy about the character after all this time, which the actress credits partially to the daring storylines told in her heyday that shaped who Bobbie is today.

"It was ballsy [to create the Spencer family and all their problems]," she tells TV Insider. "We're talking about a time when an unmarried couple couldn't check into a hotel without the girl putting on a fake wedding ring. GH was being very racy but, hey, it worked. We were saved from cancelation."

But it wasn't just being part of the wacky Spencer family that made heads turn whenever Bobbie took the screen. It was also the fact that the character was quite a bad girl -- but never obviously so.

"I never saw her [as a villain]," Zeman shares. "Bobbie always had an agenda, but it never came from an evil place. It was always about moving herself forward and making life better for her family, never to hurt anybody. She was all about taking control because her parents were alcoholics and she had no control growing up. But, yeah, some of her choices were horrible! Laura Wright [Carly] and I have some scenes coming up where our characters talk about karma coming back to kick them in the ass. The writers don't forget our history. The audience is going to love it!"

Speaking of history, former GH executive producer Gloria Monty made it when she single-handedly saved the soap from cancellation, a journey that began at about the same time Zeman's Bobbie came to Port Charles.

“Gloria started three or four days after I did. She was great. Really hands-on,” the actress says, adding that though the EP was sometimes overbearing and difficult, she was also incredibly compassionate. “Gloria came to work every day with a machete, but you learned to stay out of her way. I remember her coming down to the set one day and getting horribly mad at one of the crew guys, and she called him out in front of 300 people. I went to her office at the end of the day and said, ‘Gloria, if you ever have a problem with me, I would appreciate it if we discussed it privately and quietly, because when that happened today I felt mortified for that man. If you ever do that to me in front of everybody it's not going to work. I will fall apart. I will give you less, not more'... Gloria could be a bully, but she was also a big enough person to say, ‘Oh-kaaaay, Dah-ling, I understand. We'll be fine.'”

To read more about Zeman's GH history, check out TV Insider's interview with the actress here.
https://www.tvinsider.com/651003/gen...obbie-spencer/

http://soapcentral.com/gh/news/2017/...ears_at_gh.php
Old 12-01-2017, 10:19 AM
Soap Addict

Wink

GH's Laura Wright on taking sides during the Tale of Two Jasons drama

by Kambra Clifford

Posted Tuesday, November 28

General Hospital's Laura Wright (Carly Corinthos) dishes on working with Steve Burton again and how the Two Jasons storyline will “blow your mind.”

General Hospital ratings saw a bump when Steve Burton returned to Port Charles,http://soapcentral.com/soapcentral/n...october_23.php

but it's not just fans who are happy to have the actor back on the ABC soap. Burton's longtime costar Laura Wright (Carly Corinthos) is also thrilled to have him back in the fold, especially because there's a chance it might reignite Carly's history with Jason.

"The Jason/Carly relationship is one of my favorites," she tells Soaps In Depth. "When Carly crossed the line, he got a tone in his voice, but he accepted her with every messed-up flaw and protected her. He understood that her nastiness came from pain. He was her safety net. I've always loved Steve's loyalty to that friendship -- whenever we work together, we honor it."

As viewers have seen, the bond between the two has taken a bit of a back seat since Billy Miller took over the role of Jason. And that's something Wright would love to see change as Burton continues to get deeper into story.

"The stuff written with Billy Miller's Jason has been amazing, too," Wright added. "But he's been more with Sam -- which is great! I love that pairing. But Jason's not the center of Carly's world."

No matter how it plays out, Wright says she is absolutely loving the story of the two Jasons and the mystery of which of the two is the genuine man.

“I'm thinking we'll find out... what, May Sweeps?” she jokes before adding: “This is really well-written and the performances are going to blow your mind. The story draws you in and there are a lot of obstacles and questions. It has great levels. Everyone's going to love it!”

For Wright's full interview, check out Soaps In Depth

http://www.abc.soapsindepth.com/post...y-jason-147387

http://soapcentral.com/gh/news/2017/...two_jasons.php
Old 12-01-2017, 01:23 PM
Soap Addict

Wink

General Hospital:
Jennifer Bassey returned to "GH" as Quinn, the publisher for Ask Man Landers, while Hillary B. Smith briefly appeared as Nora Buchanan. Kimberly McCullough reprised the role of Robin for the holidays, and Tamara Braun debuted as Kim Nero, Oscar’s mom, over Thanksgiving week. Travis Schuldt, the original Ethan Crane on "Passions," made a quick appearance as a plastic surgeon. Kelly Thiebaud is set to return as Britt Westbourne in December for a brief visit. Denise Alexander will be reprising the role of Laura's mother, Lesley Webber, which she last played in 2013. Read Soaps.com's General Hospital Coming and Goings to learn about a few day players for November, and Robert Palmer Watkins' status as Dillon Quartermaine.

http://soaps.sheknows.com/soaps/news...l-tamara-braun
Old 12-02-2017, 09:59 AM
Soap Addict

Wink

EXCLUSIVE

Exclusive! Denise Alexander Returns To GH

November 30, 2017

Denise Alexander will reprise the role of Lesley Webber, Laura’s mother, who will return to Port Charles for the holidays. The actress, who debuted in 1973, left in 1984, then came back in 1996 and recurred through 2009. The character’s last return was in 2013.

By SOD
https://www.soapoperadigest.com/cont...er-returns-gh/

``````````````````````

Denise Alexander returns to GH

by Kambra Clifford

Posted Friday, December 01, 2017

General Hospital's Denise Alexander is reprising the role of Laura's mom, Lesley Webber.

Exciting news, General Hospital fans: soap opera favorite Denise Alexander (Lesley Webber) is on her way back to Port Charles.

The New York native has stepped back into the role of Laura's (Genie Francis) mother, reports Soap Opera Digest.

https://www.soapoperadigest.com/cont...er-returns-gh/

There's no word yet about what exactly brings her back to the fold, but based on the character's connections to major players in Port Charles, the blast from the past appearance is bound to be good.

Alexander originated the role of Lesley back in 1973 and played the physician until 1984. She returned for a stint from 1996 to 2009, and again in 2013 when Lesley found out Laura planned to marry Scott (Kin Shriner) - - a story that was part of the soap's 50th anniversary. Will she rush back to town with new concerns about her daughter's life? Or might something else bring her back to Port Charles? It seems viewers will have to wait for her appearance to find out.

In addition to her GH role, Alexander played Sister Beatrice on Sunset Beach, Mary McKinnon on Another World, and Susan Martin on Days of our Lives. Her most recent work was in Pretty the Series.

http://soapcentral.com/gh/news/2017/...der_return.php
Old 12-02-2017, 10:01 AM
Soap Addict

Wink

Stephen A. Smith compares basketball player LeBron James to GH's Sonny Corinthos

by Kambra Clifford

Guest-starring General Hospital star Stephen A. Smith (Brick) says NBA's LeBron James is a lot like Sonny Corinthos.

Even when he's not in Port Charles, ESPN First Take commentator Stephen A. Smith is super connected to General Hospital. And the sports journalist/actor just proved it by comparing basketball legend LeBron James to soap opera legend Sonny Corinthos.

During a recent episode of the ESPN sports program, Smith -- known as Sonny's surveillance expert Brick -- chatted with host Max Kellerman about the Cleveland Cavaliers star and how he's a lot like Smith's famous GH cohort.

"What do I love most? I love my soap operas!" he begins. "Guess what? This is no Brick on General Hospital talking, this is Stephen A. Smith from First Take talking about General Hospital... There's a guy by the name of Maurice Benard, great actor, who is also known as Sonny Corinthos on General Hospital. Guess what, Max? He's been shot, he's been incarcerated, he's been poisoned. I mean, the list goes on and on! You know something, Max? He's gonna live. He's gonna live, and you know what? You're gonna see him, the storyline is gonna be there, he's not dying. He's going to stay there... What I'm saying is this: It doesn't stop you from telling a story. I might know he's going to be there in May, but damn it, it's November! And in December and January and February and March, April -- before May, excuse me, there's a story to be told. And if you're LeBron James, I believe LeBron James is going to the finals. I believe he's the best in the world. I believe he deserves the accolades he receives, but that does not mean you can … unequivocally ignore what's transpiring at the time."

We're not entirely sure that we're following Smith's soapy metaphor -- the Cavs are riding an eight-game win streak, and James is averaging 28.6 points per game and has tallied a career-best shooting efficiency with a 57.7 field goal percentage and 42.3 three-point percentage. Maybe it's really his evil twin out there on the court?

Smith has appeared on GH a handful of times over the years. He made his debut appearance as a television reporter back in 2007 and returned as Brick in the spring of 2016, in the spring of 2017, and this summer.

http://soapcentral.com/gh/news/2017/...bron_james.php