Soaps and Entertainment  

Go Back   Soaps and Entertainment > TV Shows, Movies, and Music > Soap Opera Forums > General Hospital

Old 10-11-2017, 01:08 PM
Soap Addict

Credits: 661,885
Thanked 14,755 Times in 10,281 Posts
Wink Latest GH News WK.10/16

Info from Steve Burton's interviews (including contract length)

There are some new interviews with Steve Burton. Here's some stuff we learned:

He signed a three year contract with the show. He is open to continuing longer. He loves the schedule he has and that the actors have 18 weeks off a year.

He loved working with Maura West.

He indicated that he will encounter Sam sooner rather than later.

He loves the way the story is paced and is excited to read every script.

He also mentioned that he and BM get along fine and that BM was nice enough to call him when he took over the role of Jason Morgan andso Steve wanted to show the same respect when he was coming back to the show, and he called BM first.

Asked who would win in an arm wrestle, him or BM, and he said BM - "He's ten years younger."

He said that Becky Herbst is aging backwards like Benjamin Buttons. She looks younger and younger

He also asked him about who he has had scenes with. Steve was like "How dare you ask me those questions!!! You know the business!!"
Old 10-11-2017, 01:40 PM
Soap Addict

Wink

Brandon Barash's Role on 'Scorpion' Wrapped Up

General Hospital actor on CBS primetime drama.

Soaps.com has learned that "General Hospital's" Brandon Barash (Port Charles' Johnny Zacchara) has booked an upcoming role on the hit CBS show "Scorpion." Barash made the announcement on Instagram

saying, "Wrapped two fun projects this week — @scorpioncbs was one of em. You won’t want to miss this one!" It is unknown what his other project is, or what his role on "Scorpion" will be. Recently Barash appeared in NBC's Timeless as Ernest Hemingway, had a recurring role as Detective Robby Oderno on TNT's Major Crimes, and guest starred on CBS' Criminal Minds: Beyond Borders. Barash last appeared on General Hospital in December of 2015.

"Scorpion is about Eccentric genius Walter O'Brien (Elyes Gabel, "Body of Proof") who leads a group of brilliant misfits who constitute Homeland Security's new think tank and help defend against the high-tech threats of the computer age. The team, dubbed Scorpion, includes behaviorist Toby Curtis (Eddie Kaye Thomas, "American Pie"), mechanical prodigy Happy Quinn (Jadyn Wong, "Being Erica"), and statistics guru Sylvester Dodd (Ari Stidham, "Huge"). While comfortable with one another, the team members struggle with understanding life outside their circle, so when they need help translating societal cues, they rely on the skills of Paige Dineen (Katharine McPhee, "American Idol"), a woman with a gifted young son. The show also stars Robert Patrick ("T2: Judgement Day") as Agent Cabe Gallo. Season 4 debuted on September 25. "Scorpion" airs at 10:00 PM on CBS. Soaps.com will keep you updated as more information about Barash's episode is made available.

go here to see pics

http://soaps.sheknows.com/general-ho...ion-wrapped-up

`````````````````````````````````````````

Lexi Ainsworth to ‘Major Crimes’ for Multiple Episode Arc

WOW...

Primetime cable role for General Hospital actress.

Soaps.com has learned that "General Hospital's" Lexi Ainsworth (Port Charles' Kristina Corinthos) has landed a recurring part on the upcoming sixth and final season of TNT's "Major Crimes." The actress shared the news on Instagram noting, "Excited to be a part of @majorcrimestv for a few episodes. It’s been such a fun experience. Can’t wait to tell you guys more about it." Fellow "GH" alum Brandon Barash had a recurring role on Major Crimes as Detective Robby Oderno several years back. Ainsworth has also appeared on TNT's "Rizzoli and Isles," CBS's "Criminal Minds," and The CW's iZombie.

"Major Crimes" will kick off its final season on October 31 at 9:00 PM, and will end on January 16, 2018 with a two episode finale beginning at 9:00 PM. The crime procedural starring Mary McDonnell as Captain Sharon Raydor premiered in 2012 as a spinoff of “The Closer." The drama follows the major crimes division within the Los Angeles Police Department that deals with high-profile or particularly sensitive crimes. Captain Sharon Raydor had to work to mend fences with her fellow detectives, having come from the office of internal investigations, which targeted many of her co-workers and the boss she replaced. Her squad includes her biggest foe, Lieutenant Provenza (G.W. Bailey, "The Closer"), along with Lieutenant Andy Flynn (Tony Denison, "Prison Break"), Lieutenant Michael Tao (Michael Paul Chan, "Arrested Development"), Detective Julio Sanchez (Raymond Cruz, "Better Call Saul"), tech expert and reserve officer Buzz Watson (Phillip P. Keene, "The Closer") and Detective Amy Sykes (Kearran Giovanni, Vivian Wright on "One Life to Live"). Together they work closely with other police officers and prosecutors to build airtight cases. Season six sees Raydor promoted to Commander, and adds a new boss, Assistant Chief Leo Mason (Leonard Roberts, "Buffy the Vampire Slayer") into the mix. The season also sees the return of Phillip Stroh (guest star Billy Burke, "Twilight"). Soaps.com will bring you more information on Ainsworth's role as it is made available. Until then, watch the promo for the season premiere.

PROMO

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fy5mATwZpoE

Major Crimes: Murder [PROMO] | Season Premiere October 31 | TNT

http://soaps.sheknows.com/general-ho...le-episode-arc
Old 10-13-2017, 09:50 AM
Soap Addict

Wink

GH's James DePaiva apologizes for being a "bad person" during his OLTL days

by Kambra Clifford

Posted Wednesday, October 11, 2017

General Hospital's James DePaiva (David Bensch) opens up about his notorious bad attitude during his early One Life to Live days: "I was a s**t."

You'd never guess it if you met him now, but General Hospital's James DePaiva (David Bensch) used to be quite the a-hole. During his sixteen-year stint as One Life to Live's Max Holden, he often offended costars, enraged writers, and embarrassed publicists. In fact, it wouldn't have been out of the ordinary to see him in shouting matches with the powers that be or even throwing furniture on set -- both of which he admits happened on more than a few occasions over the years. Which is why he's actually quite surprised that GH's executive producer -- who worked with him at OLTL -- offered him a job on ABC's sole surviving soap.

“I'll be honest: at One Life to Live, I was a s**t,” he tells Soap Opera Digest. “Frank was on the bad end of my misbehavior several times... I'm waiting for a chance to sit down with him and apologize for what a bad person I was, for what a hard person I was to work with for a long time.”

Years of personal growth and experience have helped DePaiva recognize his demons and control them, but a great deal of his maturing process came through a 2008 meeting with Tracy Goss, a corporate transformational expert introduced to him by his OLTL pal Nathan Purdee (ex-Hank Gannon). DePaiva went through Goss's program and found the whole experience life-changing.

“I was angry and shut-down and enraged for a long time,” he says. “I wasn't just hostile at work. I was hostile everywhere. Part of [the program] is understanding what manipulates you in the world, which is something you don't have control of until you're aware of it. As soon as I became aware of it and was working on it, I was able to get perspective. It turned my life around. It's been good for my relationship with my children, my wife [Days of our Lives' Kassie DePaiva, Eve Donovan], everybody.”

Unfortunately, though he's put in the work on himself, his memories of his time on OLTL remain particularly unpleasant. Simply because he didn't like himself as a person at that time.

“One Life to Live just happened to be what I was doing at the time; it wasn't One Life to Live, it was me,” he says. “It probably would have been better for everyone if I had left earlier, but I was unable to at that time. And as much as I needed to go away from One Life to Live, I still felt very hurt about being let go. I'm grateful I was, in retrospect. But acting was so tied up in this horrid person I'd become, by the time I left, I never wanted to act again... [and] to lose something that was the main focus and drive in your life and never want anything to do with it again is crushing.”

To learn more about DePaiva's struggles while he was on OLTL, including the insensitive way he brushed off Emmy-winning actress Crystal Chappell (ex-Maggie Carpenter)

http://soapcentral.com/oltl/news/201...bad_person.php

General Hospital's James DePaiva (David Bensch) opens up about his notorious bad attitude during his early One Life to Live days: "I was a s**t."

You'd never guess it if you met him now, but General Hospital's James DePaiva (David Bensch) used to be quite the a-hole. During his sixteen-year stint as One Life to Live's Max Holden, he often offended costars, enraged writers, and embarrassed publicists. In fact, it wouldn't have been out of the ordinary to see him in shouting matches with the powers that be or even throwing furniture on set -- both of which he admits happened on more than a few occasions over the years. Which is why he's actually quite surprised that GH's executive producer -- who worked with him at OLTL -- offered him a job on ABC's sole surviving soap.

“I'll be honest: at One Life to Live, I was a s**t,” he tells Soap Opera Digest. “Frank was on the bad end of my misbehavior several times... I'm waiting for a chance to sit down with him and apologize for what a bad person I was, for what a hard person I was to work with for a long time.”

Years of personal growth and experience have helped DePaiva recognize his demons and control them, but a great deal of his maturing process came through a 2008 meeting with Tracy Goss, a corporate transformational expert introduced to him by his OLTL pal Nathan Purdee (ex-Hank Gannon). DePaiva went through Goss's program and found the whole experience life-changing.

“I was angry and shut-down and enraged for a long time,” he says. “I wasn't just hostile at work. I was hostile everywhere. Part of [the program] is understanding what manipulates you in the world, which is something you don't have control of until you're aware of it. As soon as I became aware of it and was working on it, I was able to get perspective. It turned my life around. It's been good for my relationship with my children, my wife [Days of our Lives' Kassie DePaiva, Eve Donovan], everybody.”

Unfortunately, though he's put in the work on himself, his memories of his time on OLTL remain particularly unpleasant. Simply because he didn't like himself as a person at that time.

“One Life to Live just happened to be what I was doing at the time; it wasn't One Life to Live, it was me,” he says. “It probably would have been better for everyone if I had left earlier, but I was unable to at that time. And as much as I needed to go away from One Life to Live, I still felt very hurt about being let go. I'm grateful I was, in retrospect. But acting was so tied up in this horrid person I'd become, by the time I left, I never wanted to act again... [and] to lose something that was the main focus and drive in your life and never want anything to do with it again is crushing.”

To learn more about DePaiva's struggles while he was on OLTL, including the insensitive way he brushed off Emmy-winning actress Crystal Chappell (ex-Maggie Carpenter), check out SOD's full story here.

http://www.soapoperadigest.com/conte...iva-interview/
Old 10-13-2017, 01:57 PM
Soap Addict

Wink

parker and kristina

I just read parker and kristina are leaving GH. SOD confirnmed it.
Old 10-13-2017, 02:17 PM
Soap Addict

Wink

BROOKLYN RAE SILZER

https://twitter.com/brooklyn_silzer/...%2F64%2F%23new

`````````````````

LEXI NICOLE
https://twitter.com/brooklyn_silzer/...%2F64%2F%23new
https://twitter.com/lexi_nicole2010/...42622033887232
Old 10-16-2017, 12:12 PM
Soap Addict

Wink

Soaps Spoiler Digest: Stunning Announcements and Renewed Feuds

Nightmares and big exits.

General Hospital:
Franco is wracked with terror thanks to his latest nightmares. His whole life starts taking a turn for the worse and he wonders if he’s really the one ruining things. Meanwhile, Michael is getting paranoid and his mother winds up with some information that leaves her disturbed. Alexis isn’t exactly comfortable with what Kristina has been up to in Port Charles. And Laura is left with uncertainty while Nathan becomes uncertain about the future of his marriage. Take a look at our General Hospital spoilers to discover who is manipulating Maxie.

http://soaps.sheknows.com/soaps/news...-renewed-feuds
Old 10-16-2017, 03:21 PM
Soap Addict

Wink

General Hospital:
While Lexi Ainsworth (Kristina) shoots a multiple episode arc for “Major Crimes,” Brandon Barash (Johnny) has just wrapped up a role for “Scorpion.” Visit our General Hospital news room for more details, as well as the latest on Steve Burton’s (Patient Six) new contract with the soap. Then get caught up on what went down in Port Charles with videos of Ava and Griffin after sex, a potentially deadly Nelle, and Kristina ditching her dead brother’s memorial. And Dustin digs into Parker getting canned, Ava bedding Griffin, and Valentin making Nelle squirm in the latest "GH" blog.

http://soaps.sheknows.com/soaps/news...fer-soaps-news
Old 10-18-2017, 02:43 PM
Soap Addict

Wink

Updated October 17: Soaps.com is excited to report that William deVry is back in the "General Hospital" studio taping scenes today as Julian Jerome. The actor posted various photos of welcome back gifts received from his fans and stated, "Wow!!! Look what I got today!!! #JulexisArmy rocks!! Balloons galore!! Thx #JulexisArmy !!! Thx everyone!! We have the best fans over here at @GeneralHospital !! Thanks to #JulexisArmy !!" Stay tuned for deVry's return date.

On Friday August 11 "General Hospital" Executive Producer tweeted good news for William deVry fans. It looks as though the actor reached a contract agreement and as Valentini says, "is staying in Port Charles."

We learned on August 4 that at a recent General Hospital Fan Club event, William deVry told fans that a contract with the show still has yet to be reached. Though his last tape date was June 30, the actor stated that Julian’s exit would air open-ended and that he would love to return at some point. Stay tuned.

Back on July 3, we reported that "General Hospital" was on a three week hiatus, and before the studio closed down on June 30, William deVry and the show had failed to negotiate a new contract for the star. According to Soap Opera Digest, deVry may have taped his final scenes as Julian Jerome last week. deVry joined "GH" in July of 2013, and together with Nancy Lee Grahn (Alexis Davis) became part of the popular couple Julexis. For weeks fans have taken to social media urging "GH" and Executive Producer Frank Valentini to re-sign deVry and keep him on the show. Soaps.com will continue to keep you updated on the situation as more news is made available.

http://soaps.sheknows.com/comings-and-goings
Old 10-19-2017, 01:05 PM
Soap Addict

Wink

New Rumors Involving Franco, Jason, Nelle, Valentin, Oscar & Oscar's Mom

Franco's drawings will provide a new set of clues

4 Characters are facing MAJOR problems in November: Nelle, Valentin, SB's Jason and Oscar

Tamara Braun is Dr Kim Nero - Oscar's mother

Is she Nelle's mother too?

Dr Nero will be connected to SB's storyline

Julian Jerome is returning