Soaps and Entertainment  

Go Back   Soaps and Entertainment > TV Shows, Movies, and Music > Soap Opera Forums > General Hospital

Old 10-05-2017, 10:35 AM
Soap Addict

Credits: 661,190
Thanked 14,732 Times in 10,267 Posts
Wink Latest GH News WK.10/9

Who Is Averill Perry? — Why GENERAL HOSPITAL Had a Special Tribute for Him!
Updated: Oct 5, 2017 10:44 am

By Chris Eades

Fans of GENERAL HOSPITAL were confused by a special tribute to Averill Perry during the closing credits of the Oct. 4 episode of the daytime drama. They wondered who this man is and what his connection could be to their favorite soap. Well, Perry was a technical director who worked on many projects, including GH and its spinoff, PORT CHARLES. Sadly, he passed away on Sept. 13 at the age of 69.

Perry was a technical director for the 1986, 1991, 1994, and 1996 Academy Awards broadcasts, and also directed and worked on visual effects for the popular ABC series AMERICA’S FUNNIEST HOME VIDEOS from 1990-2017. In 1996, Perry was the technical director for a special primetime episode of GH that continued the drama from Friday afternoon’s cliffhanger. He also has some episodes of the long-running soap’s short-lived supernatural sister show, PORT CHARLES listed on his IMDb page.

Perry took home three consecutive Daytime Emmy Awards in 2010, 2011, and 2012 for Outstanding Achievement in Technical Direction/Electronic Camera/Video Control for a Drama Series for his work on GH. In addition, he also received four Primetime Emmy Award nominations for Outstanding Technical Direction/Camera/Video for a Miniseries or a Special for his work on the four Academy Awards live telecast, bringing home the trophy in 1994.

Our thoughts are with his friends, family, and loved ones who are feeling this loss.

http://abc.soapsindepth.com/posts/wh...ospital-143493
Old 10-05-2017, 10:39 AM
Soap Addict

Wink

GENERAL HOSPITAL's Emme Rylan Is Raising a Newborn Girl and Two Sons — the Struggle Is Real!

Oct 4, 2017 4:33 pm

By Chris Eades

New mom Emme Rylan somehow manages to balance raising her baby girl, Dakota, her two boys, Jackson and Levi, while also starring as Lulu on GENERAL HOSPITAL! And while she is pulling it off, the actress admits that being a soap star doesn't exclude her from dealing with all the other struggles that every mom out there can relate to!

Rylan has been sharing plenty of adorable photos of little Dakota on her Instagram, but at the same time, she’s also been sharing her adventures in parenting, both good and bad! “We have been working hard at tummy time, which Dakota hates,” she admitted recently. “And finally the one time she totally rocked it was when she was trying to watch cartoons with the boys. Unbelievable. Sorry, dude! No TV for you yet!”

Of course, Rylan also has the help of her partner, Don Money, who offers all kinds of support. “I came home from my workout this morning to this sweet daddy/daughter bonding time,” the mom shared. “I love to dance and Don loves to play basketball. I am so grateful to have a partner that knows how important it is for us to support the things that make us who we are!”

And Dakota isn’t the only handful in the family, as Rylan is still raising a seven-year-old and a five-year-old at the same time! And while her sons are older, they still create their own challenges. “Finally found the trick to getting Levi to brush his teeth!” she reported. “Having his big brother do it! Jackson is going to make one heck of a good dad someday. He even changes diapers! He told me that he wants to have 100 babies… I told him that he will have to negotiate that number with his wife.”

As GH fans know, Rylan has also been reporting to work as Lulu Spencer following her maternity leave, but she’s also working out at the gym, cooking, cleaning, and even doing some crafting! Although her Etsy shop is temporarily closed while she takes a break, she is still making new items and will likely open back up eventually. Just keep checking her Instagram to see what she’s working on currently. And check out this video for more cute pics of Dakota!

Dakota is one very lucky girl because she was born into one of the best families out there. Just look at how much fun Rylan, Don, and their boys have had over the years in the gallery below! And for more on your favorite GH stars, keep reading the ABC edition of Soaps In Depth magazine!

see pics here:
http://abc.soapsindepth.com/posts/ge...mily-01-219649
Old 10-05-2017, 10:41 AM
Soap Addict

Wink

GENERAL HOSPITAL's James Patrick Stuart on Valentin and Nina: "He Worships Her"

Oct 4, 2017 1:53 pm

By Chris Eades

Valentin and Nina have become a very popular couple on GENERAL HOSPITAL, so when the Cassadine’s portrayer, James Patrick Stuart, took to Twitter for a special Q&A session with fans, their romance was one of the biggest topics of discussion! The actor admitted that he believes Nina and Valentin are the loves of each others’ lives and that his alter ego “worships her.”

Still, Stuart also confessed he “would definitely watch” a triangle with Ava Jerome thrown into the mix. “We made out once in Greece,” he joked of Valentin and Ava. “Then she kicked me in the balls and hit me in the head with a book. That was hot.” Another fan pointed out that Anna’s obsession with Valentin is similar to what she did with Duke back in the day, and Stuart declared he would welcome more scenes with Finola Hughes (Anna). “She’s got game,” he praised. “She takes every episode very seriously. You better be on your toes.”

Stuart declared that “the current cast is world class,” but saved some special praise for co-star Michelle Stafford (Nina). “It doesn’t feel like work when she’s around,” he enthused. He also revealed that she’s one of the funniest people on the GH set. “I probably make myself laugh more than anyone,” Stuart confided. “But Michelle is a close second.”

When fans brought up his earlier role as ALL MY CHILDREN’s Will Cortlandt, which he played from 1989-1992, Stuart admitted his current character is more challenging to portray. “Will only had to memorize an episode a day,” the daytime vet teased. “Val sometimes three.” But the role he declared to be his all-time favorite to play was a bit of a surprise! “Private," he revealed, "on Nickelodeon’s PENGUINS OF MADAGASCAR.”

Although Valentin was initially introduced as the Cassadine even Helena feared, his villainous ways were quickly softened so the character and his popular portrayer could remain on the canvas. “No one is ever all bad or all good,” Stuart mused of his alter ego. “I hope.” And some fans continue to insist that Nikolas isn’t really dead which would mean Valentin isn’t a murderer. “I heard someone saw him over at NBC,” Stuart joked of Tyler Christopher’s new job over at DAYS OF OUR LIVES.

Sadly for the fans of Valentin’s seduction techniques, the actor confessed that he doesn’t actually speak French. “I’m barely fluent in English,” he teased. “I don’t speak French. I only kiss that way.” But viewers shouldn’t get too excited, as the actor is happily married and has been for quite some time. “If I have any appeal,” Stuart joked, “you can thank my wife of 17 years, Jocelyn.”

For more on your favorite GH stars, keep reading the ABC edition of Soaps In Depth magazine!

Love GH? Be sure to join our We Love General Hospital Facebook group to chat about all the latest storylines and juicy gossip

http://abc.soapsindepth.com/posts/ge...alentin-143422
Old 10-05-2017, 10:43 AM
Soap Addict

Wink

Happy Birthday to GENERAL HOSPITAL's Brandon Barash — See His Cutest Moments With Daughter Harper!

Oct 4, 2017 11:37 am

By Chris Eades

Please join us in wishing a very happy birthday to Brandon Barash (ex-Johnny, GENERAL HOSPITAL)! After studying acting at the University of Southern California, he broke into show business with roles on the primetime series THE WEST WING, GILMORE GIRLS, and 24 before joining the cast of GH in 2007 as bad boy Johnny Zacchara.

Although Barash left GH in 2013, he has returned for a few short stints here and there. He has also appeared in the recurring role of Detective Robby Oderno in MAJOR CRIMES and played Thomas Calabro in The Unauthorized Melrose Place Story. His most recent TV appearance was playing Ernest Hemmingway in an episode of NBC’s Time travel series TIMELESS.

Barash is also a talented musician and plays in the band Port Chuck, which also includes fellow GH alums Steve Burton (ex-Jason), Scott Reeves (ex-Steven), and Bradford Anderson (Spinelli). In real life, he married former co-star Kirsten Storms in 2013, but they divorced in 2016. However, the split was amicable, and Barash and Storms continue to co-parent their beautiful three-year-old daughter, Harper.

While GH fans would love to see Barash back as Johnny in Port Charles, they can still tune in to see him in his various roles in primetime and film. Plus, he and fellow actor and single dad Tyler Poelle have started a new project called The Fathership where fans can follow along daily as the guys share the adventures of raising their little girls!

For more on your favorite GH stars — past and present — keep reading the ABC edition of Soaps In Depth magazine!

Love GH? Be sure to join our We Love General Hospital Facebook group to chat about all the latest storylines and juicy gossip!

see cute as the dickens video here:

http://abc.soapsindepth.com/posts/ge...irthday-143395
Old 10-05-2017, 10:45 AM
Soap Addict

Wink

GENERAL HOSPITAL Spoilers 10/3/17 — Laura Wants Revenge on Valentin!

Oct 4, 2017 10:51 am

By Chris Eades

Plans are starting to come together in these spoilers from GENERAL HOSPITAL! Finn and Anna may be about to get what they’re after, and Ava and Patient Six could both be on the way home… but things aren’t going as well for Valentin, who finds himself on the wrong end of a gun!

Griffin made his way into the Russian clinic, and even rescued Ava from Dr. Klein by subduing him and injecting the physician with the syringe he intended to use on her! Seeing how much danger she’s in, Griffin doesn’t understand why Ava is still packing her bag. “Leave the luggage,” he protests. “Let’s get the hell out of here!” But how will Ava feel about leaving without her face being restored? Meanwhile, the Russian priest brings a man to meet with Patient Six. “His ship goes to America,” the priest reports. The man with Jason’s old face looks hopeful. “You can get me on board?” he asks the sailor. Has he finally found a way to get back to his family?

In Monte Carlo, Finn admits to Anna that he isn’t confident that he was able to get through to their target. “If Cassandra doesn’t bite,” he asks the super spy, “do you have a Plan B?” Anna has been doing this long enough that she probably has a Plan B, C, D, and E! But it may not be necessary because Cassandra does appear to be interested in taking Finn up on his offer to treat her in Port Charles. But first, she has some questions that need answering… from Valentin! “We have matters to discuss,” Cassandra warns the Cassadine over the phone. “Things of mutual interest.”

And while this mystery woman may bring trouble for Valentin if she comes to Port Charles, the guy already has plenty to deal with at the moment! The Cassadine is stunned to be confronted by Laura… who pulls out a pistol and aims it directly at him! “Is this how it felt when you held the gun on my son?” she asks, fury glinting in her eyes. Can anyone talk her out of taking violent revenge for Nikolas’ death?

Don’t miss this tease for today’s thrilling episode, and for more GH previews, keep reading the ABC edition of Soaps In Depth magazine!

see video here:
https://www.facebook.com/pg/generalhospital/videos/

or

http://abc.soapsindepth.com/posts/ge...alentin-143386
Old 10-05-2017, 12:55 PM
Soap Addict

Wink

GENERAL HOSPITAL Spoilers 10/5/17 — Who Is Oscar's Father?

Oct 5, 2017 12:40 pm

By Chris Eades

There are truths that need to be told on GENERAL HOSPITAL, but in these spoilers, it seems that not everyone is ready to hear it! Stella has big news, Nathan has bad news, Griffin has a confession, and Carly has a plan!

Curtis and Jordan are startled when his Aunt Stella enters the apartment with an announcement. “I have some news,” she teases, “I’m sure you’ll find interesting.” She once promised to stop interfering in Curtis’ relationship with Jordan, but is this her way of getting around that promise by causing trouble indirectly?

Nathan is in some trouble of his own as he confesses to Maxie when she comes to visit him at the police station where his desk is completely covered in gift baskets and presents. “My days as a full-time detective might be over, Max,” he admits. Has Man Landers ruined his job, or is he considering making a career change?

On the plane getting ready to leave Russia, Ava is grateful for Griffin helping her escape from the shady clinic but surprised by his timely rescue plan. “I wanted to apologize,” he explains of his unexpected arrival, “but that is not the only reason I came to find you.” Will Griffin actually confess to Ava that he’s developing feelings for her?

At the Metro Court, Carly sits down with Sonny and Brick to ask the surveillance expert for his help. “I have a job that requires your expertise,” she insists. While it’s likely that she’s going to use Brick to spy on Nelle to protect Michael, Carly might also want to learn a bit more about her other child’s romantic partner. Because even Josslyn is urging Oscar to investigate his mysterious past. “Wouldn’t you like to know who your father is?” she asks her boyfriend. Could his dad be someone in Port Charles? Maybe someone he’s already met?

SEE VIDEO HERE:

http://abc.soapsindepth.com/posts/ge...s-oscar-143521
Old 10-06-2017, 01:17 PM
Soap Addict

Wink

Jack Wagner in 'When Calls the Heart: The Christmas Wishing Tree'

Sneak peek of When Calls the Heart season 5.

Soaps.com has learned that "General Hospital's" Jack Wagner (Port Charles' Frisco Jones, and Dominick Marone on "The Bold and the Beautiful") will star in Hallmark Channel's upcoming Christmas movie "When Calls the Heart: The Christmas Wishing Tree" on December 25 at 8:00 PM. The movie is part of Hallmark's Countdown to Christmas movie line-up and follows last year's When Calls the Heart: The Heart of Christmas. The movie also serves as an early look at season 5 of When Calls the Heart, which premieres in February 2018. Wagner took to social media and shared a photo of himself and other cast members back on set taping the film.

In the upcoming movie Elizabeth’s (Erin Krakow) fiancé, Jack (Daniel Lissing), surprises her by coming home on leave and bringing a young mountie desperately searching for Christmas inspiration. The community of Coal Valley works together to aid this young man with the help of an enchanted wishing tree. Mayor Abigail (Lori Loughlin, Jody Travis on "The Edge of Night") is pretty busy organizing the town's festival, so her newly adopted son, Cody (Carter Ryan Evancic), convinces his classmates to get involved in creating the town’s annual Christmas celebration. Meanwhile, Sheriff Bill Avery (Wagner) forges a relationship with the disgraced former mayor, Henry Gowen (Martin Cummins), and Rosemary (Pascale Hutton) and Lee (Kavan Smith) are reminded of the true meaning of Christmas.

"When Calls the Heart" centers on Elizabeth Thatcher, a young teacher accustomed to her high society life. She receives her first classroom assignment in Coal Valley, a small coalmining town fraught with challenges. There she befriends Abigail Stanton, a widower and mother, and butts heads with Constable Jack Thornton, who she inevitably falls in love with. Elizabeth copes with learning the ways of the frontier to thrive in the rural west. The series is inspired by Janette Oke’s bestselling book series about the Canadian West.

http://soaps.sheknows.com/general-ho...s-wishing-tree

Last edited by sandellbisquit; 10-07-2017 at 11:34 AM.
Old 10-07-2017, 08:51 AM
Soap Addict

here are some fall previews and spoilers General Hospital's fall storyline

He loves [Liz] like he has never loved before, but will this exploration into his past bring up demons that will affect their relationship?" asks Altman.
Meanwhile, Anna partners up with Finn in an attempt to scale back Port Charles crime, Nina and Valentin's relationship is threatened, Ava and Griffin continue to grow closer, and a romance between Laura and Kevin will be heavily played.
For more details on the drama headed to GH this fall, check out SOD's article

http://www.soapoperadigest.com/conte...-fall-preview/
Old 10-07-2017, 11:13 AM
Soap Addict

Wink

OH WOW!!

Jensen Buchanan Sentenced to Jail Time in DUI Case

A soap alum faces the courts

Updated October 7: Soaps.com has learned that on Friday October 6 former soap actress Jensen Buchanan was sentenced to 1 year in county jail and 5 years probation after previously pleading guilty to DUI. Noozhawk news

https://www.noozhawk.com/article/soa...rt_on_dui_case

reported that Judge James Voysey heard statements from the victim and his wife, who urged him to impose the maximum sentence of 6 years in prison.

“Even though I didn’t die that day, in a very real sense she took away my life, because now I am going to die sooner than I probably would have,” Bradley Asolas stated. “I will list my injuries because it’s insane how broken up my body got. You might give her the max. I have basically been given a death sentence. Quite frankly, I didn’t die that day, I very well could have. They kept me alive those doctors. Praise the doctors at Cottage Hospital, they kept me alive.”

Buchanan’s defense attorneys Josh Lynn and Dmitry Gorin said during the last 16 months, the former soap actress has remained sober and changed her life. “The circumstance after this accident was one I have just never seen on either side that I have been on —a defendant doing what she has done,” Lynn said. “And it’s not because she had money or because she was well-known.”

Buchanan, in handcuffs, faced the courtroom and addressed the Asolas family. “I’m the drunk driver who caused tremendous emotional pain and suffering to your entire community and family. I made the tragic choice to drink and drive, changing the course of your life forever. What I did is wrong. I am deeply and profoundly sorry for all the pain and suffering I have caused all of you.” She went on to say, “I promise you there is no incarceration that will be as difficult as living with the knowledge of the damage that I have inflicted on you and your family. I am forever changed by what I have done. I will live, rightly so, with the horror of what I have caused."

The judge had a very hard time determining the punishment and stated, “If prison would give back something to the family,” he would have imposed the maximum sentence. During Buchanan’s sentence, she’ll be supervised and will attend programs for her disease of alcoholism. “Should Ms. Buchanan violate the terms and conditions of her probation, every day of that six-year prison sentence is right there, and I would not hesitate to impose it,” Judge Voysey warned.

The Asolas received a $5 million settlement from Buchanan’s insurance.

As reported on August 21, though Jensen Buchanan entered a not-guilty plea to driving under the influence back in October 2016, Soaps.com has learned that on Friday August 18 the former soap actress pleaded guilty, as reported by the Santa Maria Times. Her sentence could consist of five years of probation plus up to a year in county jail. The victim, Bradley Asolas, and his wife, Sandy, spoke out at the latest hearing…

"I think it's wrong. My life's forever changed, and she got off with a slap on the wrist," Asolas said. "When I drive now, I always wonder, if I'm involved in a crash again where the airbags break out and my heart gives out again, I can actually die this time."

Sandy added, "She drank, hit my husband and he almost died and I had to sit through that, watch him go through that, and all of our lives are changed forever."

Buchanan’s sentencing hearing is set for Friday October 6. Judge James Voysey will also hear about Asolas’ medical conditions during this time and informed Buchanan that her conditional sentence may change after the fact.

On June 19, Soaps.com learned Jensen Buchanan's preliminary hearing, which was to begin on June 9, had been postponed to Friday August 18. The Santa Ynez Valley News is reporting that the hearing will last about four hours, beginning at 8:30 AM in Department 8 of the Santa Maria Superior Court. Judge Gustavo Lavayen will preside.

On May 18, Soaps.com reported that Jensen Buchanan appeared before Santa Barbara County Superior Court Judge Gustavo Lavayen on Wednesday May 17, along with the victim Bradley Asolas and his family. Since a preliminary hearing date was set for June 9 it appears attempts to reach a plea deal had failed, as reported by Noozhawk News. The crime in question took place one year ago on Wednesday May 18, 2016. Soaps.com will continue to update readers as the preliminary hearing begins.

On March 16 Soaps.com reported via Santa Barbara's Noozhawk News that former "Y&R" actress, Jensen Buchanan, entered a Santa Maria courtroom on Wednesday March 14 and learned that her case has been continued to Wednesday April 5. It's possible on that date that the former soap actress could be informed whether or not she'll receive jail time for her felony crimes stemming from driving under the influence of alcohol and causing injury. While the DA believes Buchanan deserves to go to prison, her defense team is hoping for probation, due to her having no criminal history.

Jensen Buchanan appeared in court with her attorneys on January 11, 2017 and learned that she will wait two more months for a preliminary hearing date pending a pre-plea report from the Probation Department. The Santa Maria Times reports that the case was continued until March 15.

As previously reported by Soaps.com, The Santa Maria Times stated that on Friday October 14, 2016, in Santa Maria Superior Court, Jensen Buchanan’s defense attorney Meryl Chambers entered a not-guilty plea on her behalf to felony DUI. Buchanan, who was in attendance, was ordered by Judge Patricia Kelly to continue to wear an electronic monitoring bracelet and remain in a sober living facility until her next court date on Wednesday November 30 upon which a preliminary hearing date will be set.

According to the Santa Maria Times, Jensen Buchanan appeared before the court today and failed to enter a plea on the charges against her in relation to the car crash on May 18. The actress, who was wearing an ankle-monitoring bracelet and reportedly appeared 'disheveled', has entered a live-in residential treatment program and attends Alcoholics Anonymous meetings daily, according to her lawyer, Dmitry Gorin.

Santa Barbara District Attorney Joyce Dudley announced on June 14 that actress Jensen Buchanan has been charged with felony driving under the influence of alcohol causing injury, and felony driving with a blood alcohol level of .08 percent or greater in relation to the car crash on May 18. Santa Barbara's Noozhawk reported that she has also been charged with causing great bodily injury to 56 year-old Bradley Asolas of Camarillo, California, with an allegation that her blood alcohol level exceeded .15 percent. Court documents allege that she was driving with a blood alcohol level of .34 percent when the incident occurred.

Buchanan is due to be arraigned in court in Santa Barbara on June 22.

Jensen Buchanan was remanded on $100,000 bail and was still in custody as of this afternoon on charges of driving under the influence of alcohol/drugs with injury or death and driving under the influence of alcohol with blood alcohol content over .08%. Her actual blood alcohol content was not released.

“The Young and the Restless’” former actress, Jensen Buchanan, who recurs as Genoa City’s Elise Moxley, was involved in a car crash early on Wednesday May 18, according to CBS Los Angeles. The report indicated that Buchanan was driving her black 2016 Mercedes at about 6:20 AM local time on State Route 154 near Santa Barbara when her vehicle drifted across the center line and struck a white 2014 Ford C-Max traveling in the opposite direction. Both Buchanan and the other driver were taken to the hospital, where the actress was treated for minor injuries, and the 56 year-old male driver of the white Ford was found to have suffered major injuries as a result of the crash. Later, Buchanan was arrested for DUI.

Jensen Buchanan joined Y&R in November 2015,

http://soaps.sheknows.com/the-young-...ensen-buchanan

though she is no longer working on the show.

She is a true daytime veteran, having appeared on “One Life to Live” as Sarah Buchanan,

“Another World” as twins Vicky and Marley Hudson,

“As the World Turns” as Vicky McKinnon,

and “General Hospital” as Melissa Bedford.

The actress just completed work on the film, “Wraith.”

- Candace Young/Amy Mistretta

http://soaps.sheknows.com/the-young-...or-alleged-dui
Old 10-07-2017, 11:19 AM
Soap Addict

Wink

Trent Dawson returns to "General Hospital" on Friday October 6. Soaps.com previously reported that Trent Dawson was cast as Huxley on GH for a handful of episodes in June of 2016. Huxley coaxed Nikolas and Ava back to his estate in England where he held them captive in order to get his hands on a priceless statue in Ava's possession. This time around Huxley will be involved in Patient Six's (Steve Burton) storyline.

http://soaps.sheknows.com/general-ho...ngs-and-goings