Soaps and Entertainment  

Go Back   Soaps and Entertainment > TV Shows, Movies, and Music > Soap Opera Forums > General Hospital

Old 09-29-2017, 03:47 PM
Soap Addict

Credits: 673,480
Thanked 14,964 Times in 10,434 Posts
Smile Deconstructing GH:September 25 - 29

"Nonsense Storylines Dragging Down Episodes"

Another week, and Patient Six and Ava remained the best parts of the show. The scenes with Jason waking up and being reunited with Sam, Jake and others were touching. However the Ask Man Landers and Nelle nonsense continue to annoy viewers.

Will the real Jason please stand up!
Franco finally got Betsy to spit the truth out about Andrew, or ďDrew,Ē who is Jasonís twin brother via Susan Moore. Because the Quartermaines didnít know about the twin, Susan attempted to hide him with Betsy until she could come for the boy, but Susan died, leaving him for Betsy to raise. I actually like that they at least made use of the old convoluted storyline that led Franco to think he and Jason were twins. Betsy claimed to Franco that the boy died when he was three because of a heart condition. Well we know that is a lie, and given Heather was hell bent on Franco not finding out the truth, I bet she had something to do with whatever became of Drew. The big question remains, which actor is Jason and which is Drew. Itís going to be one of those unbelievable only on soap stories if they decide to make Billy Miller the long-lost twin. They have been trying to set this up for weeks now with all the talk about how different Jason is. Many on social media have noted that Carly and Sonny suddenly feeling they havenít been connected to Jason since his return is hogwash, because for an entire year they couldnít shut up about how drawn they felt to ďJake Doe.Ē It will be hard to explain how Drew also has all the same brain injuries that Jason did, which Patrick confirmed. And why Helena would want the twin to be her soldier boy if she could have had the real Jason Morgan? While many viewers want to see Steve Burton back as Jason, there are some who would prefer Billy Miller remain in the role.

HALEY
I'm sorry but if they arent #Jasam they wouldn't be making so much effort to literally make them 1000x stronger than before ����*♀️ #gh
https://twitter.com/jasamalways/stat...-down-episodes

SASSY PANTS JEN
Look. I love Killy SO much. But Iíd be lying if I didnít admit Iím super excited to see OGJasam on my screen soon. @ your mama #GH
https://twitter.com/Buttercup0303/st...-down-episodes

LENE

Carly never felt a connection with (BM) Jason?? Come on... stop re-writing things we saw on screen just because Steve is back. #GH
https://twitter.com/l3nee91/status/9...-down-episodes

Saving Avaís soul.
How many residents of Port Charles have to question Griffinís motives and feelings for Ava before he finally fesses up that he has the hots for her? I don't know why Shelly Altman and Chris Van Etten have kept him a priest for as long as they have, because he doesnít seem to be a very good one. Maybe it was more the lack of a love interest for him. I do like his storyline with Ava, and it would be nice to see both Ava and Julian go straight. It would mean a little less of the mob on our screens, which tends to usurp too many of the showís storylines at times. The scenes of Franco learning about Griffin's feelings for Ava were great, because he wasn't sure if he should laugh or be disgusted.

Patient Six makes his escape.
Once again, Patient Six and Avaís storyline was the best of the week, probably because of the mystery and excitement involved. Patient Six having Sonnyís private number pretty much cinches that he is the real Jason, which makes me wonder how they are going to answer all the issues I already outlined when they confirmed that Jake Doe was Jason. Iím going to go with Helena, surgeries, mind control, and implanted memories. Itís the only thing that will work. By Friday he was finally on the loose, with Ava's help. There is something delicious about him telling Ava that he owes her. If he is Jason then oh how Sonny and Carly will hate that it was thanks to Ava he made it home.

Maybe Nelle and Michael do belong together.
Michael deciding to buy Nelleís apartment building so she didnít have to move was just a tiny bit creepy, which makes me think perhaps he and Nelle really are a match made in heaven. In last week's Deconstructing GH I wished they would stop pushing Nelle on us, and unfortunately I am not getting my wish. This back story with Zach, and now his sister claiming Nelle stole her engagement ring from the family, is doing nothing for me. I was actually warming up to Nelle before all of this, and if they had just put her on the backburner for a while, then maybe more viewers would have accepted her. Instead sheís been front and center in another storyline making her look like a misunderstood bad girl, and I just donít care.

Can we ask Man Landers to just go away?
As if this entire storyline wasnít bad enough, now theyíve pulled fan favorite Spinelli into it by having him convinced something about Nathanís claim to be Ask Man Landers is fishy. Just go back to Portland Spinelli before I canít stand you along with this storyline!

Sugar-daddies and cougars.
Friday brought some nauseating storylines with Dr. Bensch's relationship with Kiki making Dillon a bit jealous. Gag! Then there is Kristina dropping out of school so there is no conflict and she and Parker can date. Double gag! And hey, when did Kristina start grad school? She mentioned she could re-apply in the future.

These are only my thoughts on this week's episodes.

http://soaps.sheknows.com/general-ho...-down-episodes