Soaps and Entertainment  

Go Back   Soaps and Entertainment > TV Shows, Movies, and Music > Soap Opera Forums > General Hospital

Old 09-28-2017, 10:20 AM
Soap Addict

Credits: 661,190
Thanked 14,732 Times in 10,267 Posts
Wink Latest GH News WK.10/2

GENERAL HOSPITAL Actress Anne Jeffreys Dead at 94

Updated: Sep 28, 2017 10:41 am

By Chris Eades

Veteran actress Anne Jeffreys has died at the age of 94. She is best known for playing Tess Trueheart in the Dick Tracy series and in the CBS sitcom TOPPER, but is beloved to daytime fans for her role as Amanda Barrington on GENERAL HOSPITAL and its short-lived spinoff, PORT CHARLES. “God bless the beautiful and talented Anne Jeffreys," tweeted former castmate Jacklyn Zeman (Bobbie) "RIP. We will always remember you with love and appreciation.”

Jeffreys initially intended to become an opera singer, but after being cast in a staged musical review, Fun for the Money, she landed her first movie role in I Married an Angel. Under contract with RKO and Republic Studios in the 1940s, the actress made several appearances as Dick Tracy’s girlfriend Tess Trueheart in the movie series as well as the 1944 Frank Sinatra musical Step Lively. She also appeared in a number of western movies which earned her the Golden Boot Award as one who “furthered the tradition of the western on film and in television.”

Jeffreys on TOPPER in 1955 with Leo G. Carroll and Robert Sterling. (Photo Credit: CBS Photo Archive)

SEE IMAGE HERE:

http://abc.soapsindepth.com/posts/ge...ys-dead-142947

When movie roles dried up, Jeffreys turned to the stage, appearing on Broadway in productions of Street Scene, Kiss Me Kate, and Three Wishes for Jamie. Next came television, with her role as “the ghostess with the mostess” on TOPPER and an episode of the classic WAGON TRAIN.

After a brief retirement in the ‘60s, Jeffreys returned to TV with appearances on LOVE, AMERICAN STYLE, L.A. LAW, and MURDER, SHE WROTE. In the mid-‘80s, she starred in the short-lived Aaron Spelling series FINDER OF LOST LOVES. She also appeared on BAYWATCH as the mother to David Hasselhoff’s character, and had a recurring role on FALCON CREST.

Promotional headshot of Jeffreys on GH in 1984. (Photo Credit: ABC Photo Archives/ABC via Getty Image)

SEE IMAGE HERE:

From 1984 to 2004, Jeffreys appeared on GH in the recurring role of Amanda Barrington, a wealthy socialite who was a longtime board member at the hospital and at ELQ. Her initial storyline found Amanda blackmailed along with the Quartermaines and other wealthy residents of Port Charles by Edward Quartermaine’s former mistress Beatrice LeSeur. When Beatrice wound up dead, Amanda was just one of the many suspects in danger until her death was revealed to be accidental. When Carly Roberts arrived in town, she immediately tried to befriend Amanda upon learning from Amy Vining how wealthy the woman was.

On the GH spinoff, PORT CHARLES, Amanda’s granddaughter, Alison, was introduced. While the earlier episodes had Amanda disapproving of Alison’s relationship with Jamal, once supernatural elements were introduced to the soap, Amanda was temporarily turned into a vampire by the evil Joshua Temple. Thankfully the spell was lifted and Amanda was able to watch Alison marry Rafe. Jeffrey’s final appearance on the soap was in 2004 when Amanda attended the funeral of her dear friend, Lila Quartermaine. In 2013, while investigating Alison, John McBain revealed that Amanda had passed away a few years earlier.

Jeffreys received a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame in 1960, and it can be found at 1501 Vine Street. She married actor Robert Sterling in 1951, and the couple are survived by their three sons, Jeffrey, Dana, and Tyler. Our thoughts are with her family and loved ones during this difficult time

SEE SEVERAL PICS' OF HER , AND A VIDEO OF GH CAST THROUGH THE YEARS AT THIS LINK BELOW:

Old 09-28-2017, 10:24 AM
Soap Addict

Wink

Maurice Benard on Steve Burton's Return to GENERAL HOSPITAL: "My Brother's Home"

Sep 27, 2017 5:03 pm

By Chris Eades

It’s no secret that GENERAL HOSPITAL star Maurice Benard (Sonny) is a big fan of social media, and he recently used Twitter to interact with fans and respond to their burning questions. Naturally one of the hottest topics was the return of Steve Burton to the soap where he once played Jason. “I dunno when we’ll have scenes,” Benard admitted, “but I think it’ll happen. I hope sooner rather than later. I love Steve. My brother’s home.”

But when asked whether or not Burton is playing Jason this time around, Benard once again refused to spoil the twists and turns of the upcoming storyline. “Like I said before,” he tweeted, “I truly don’t know.” (To really drive the point home, he also added a few smiley face emojis with zipped lips!) And with Burton back, one fan asked which other GH characters Benard would like to see back in Port Charles. “Well,” the actor teased, “I can’t imagine anybody wouldn’t want Brenda back.”

The Emmy winner confessed that he absolutely loves going to work every day. “I just have a passion for acting,” he revealed. “And it’s something I get to do on a daily basis.” He also enjoys playing his alter ego, the infamous Sonny Corinthos and portraying all facets of the character, both good and bad. “His weakness is that he has to have power,” Benard mused. “His strength is the love he has for his family.” And that love was on display in the powerful scenes in Benard’s favorite recent storyline surrounding Morgan’s death. “One of my favorite monologues I’ve ever done was the speech I gave at Morgan’s funeral,” he confided.

Sonny broke down at Morgan’s funeral. (Photo Credit: ChrisD/jpistudios.com)

SEE HERE:
http://abc.soapsindepth.com/posts/ge...-return-142923

Of course, the actors also have a lot of fun on the GH set, and Benard revealed that not everything he says as Sonny on the soap is entirely scripted! “Yeah,” he confessed, “I ad-lib if I forget a line or something. It spices up the set a little.” And when one fan asked if he would ever compete on DANCING WITH THE STARS like Kelly Monaco (Sam) or Ingo Rademacher (ex-Jax) have, Benard politely declined. “It would be too stressful for me,” he admitted before adding: “I have won a dance contest and have the trophy to prove it.”

We’re not sure which we’d like to see more – the trophy or the dancing that earned Benard the prize!

http://abc.soapsindepth.com/posts/ge...-return-142923
Old 09-28-2017, 10:27 AM
Soap Addict

Wink

Go Backstage at Steve Burton's Return to GENERAL HOSPITAL!

Sep 27, 2017 1:37 pm

By Chris Eades

Fans weren’t the only ones excited when Steve Burton returned to GENERAL HOSPITAL — his castmates were just as delighted to have their good friend and co-star back on the set! The stars of GH love taking selfies, especially with each other, which means viewers can get a peek backstage at the actor’s highly-publicized return to daytime!

Burton has already shared a couple photos with his pal, Maurice Benard (Sonny), who he described on Instagram as “a great friend and mentor to many who have come and gone” from Port Charles. He’s also snapped pics with Laura Wright (Carly), Kin Shriner (Scotty) and more since he’s been back, as you’ll see in this fun video!

GO HERE TO WATCH VIDEO:
http://abc.soapsindepth.com/posts/ge...ckstage-142872

Okay, we take it back — there are some people who probably aren’t too thrilled with Burton’s return to GH, namely his fans from THE YOUNG & THE RESTLESS who would love nothing more than to have him reprise his Emmy-winning role on the CBS sudser! But unfortunately, Burton is just one man, and GH has him for now. But who knows what the future might hold?

http://abc.soapsindepth.com/posts/ge...ckstage-142872
Old 09-28-2017, 10:30 AM
Soap Addict

Cool

TODAYS THURSDAY SHOW 9/28

GENERAL HOSPITAL Spoilers 9/28/17 — Jason Makes a Big Decision About His Future in Port Charles!

Sep 28, 2017 12:27 pm

By Chris Eades

The past is coming back to haunt people in these spoilers from GENERAL HOSPITAL. Maxie is forced to do damage control, Nelle faces her shady history, Jason makes a major decision, and Franco finally gets some answers!

Spinelli got the wrong end of the stick when he thought Nathan was cheating on Maxie with Amy, but when he confronted his friend, Nathan blurted out the truth in front of everyone that what’s really going on is that he’s Man Landers! With the crowd in an uproar, Maxie rushes in to try and fix everything. “Spinelli!” she shouts. “I can explain everything!” But will anyone believe the story she’s about to tell?

Nelle is stunned by a face from the past!

Nelle opens her door and it shocked to find Sharon on the other side. Confronted by the sister of her dead fiancé, Nelle tries to shut the door in her face, but Sharon holds it open. “Did you really think you could run away from what you did to my brother?” she snarls. Was Nelle really responsible for Zach’s death? Michael certainly doesn’t think so, and faces off with his mother to get her to stop trying to interfere in his relationship with Nelle. “Back off and let me life my life!” he shouts at Carly. But can she really do that? Has Carly ever been able to back off when she thinks she’s right about something?

Monica is overjoyed by the news that Jason has finally come out of his coma. “This has got to be your lucky day,” Liz enthuses to her in the hallway. But in Jason’s room, he’s making a big decision about his future as Sam stands by his side. “I can’t take the risks anymore,” Jason informs Sonny. “And I hope you can accept that.” Sonny was unable to escape the mob life, but could Jason be luckier? Of course, the question of whether or not he’s really Jason is still hanging in the air as Franco continues digging into the past. As he searches for the truth about Jason and Drew, things take another turn as he comes face to face with the anonymous buyer of his painting. Who could it be?

SEE VIDEO AND PICS' HERE:

http://abc.soapsindepth.com/posts/ge...-future-142981
Old 09-28-2017, 10:35 AM
Soap Addict

Wink

GENERAL HOSPITAL's Jason Morgan — The True Story!

Updated: Sep 27, 2017 1:30 pm

By Chris Eades

When Jason was shot in the chest while trying to protect Sam from the Russian mobster, GENERAL HOSPITAL fans immediately feared that he would die! And the fact that the last actor to play Jason, Steve Burton, is on his way back to the soap under a cloud of mystery has fans wondering if he’ll be taking back his old role. But they shouldn’t worry quite yet, because first of all, Jason has survived a lot worse in his time. And second, the current actor playing Jason Morgan, Billy Miller, has reportedly signed a new contract to remain with GH, so there are clearly more twists and turns yet to come as this storyline unfolds!

The character was originally born Jason Quartermaine back in 1981 to Alan Quartermaine and Susan Moore. After his mother’s death, Jason moved into the Quartermaine mansion where Monica initially rejected the child but ultimately came to love him and adopted him. Jason and his brother, A.J., were sent off to boarding school and returned in 1991 as adults, at which point the role was played by Burton.

As A.J. struggled with alcoholism, Jason was the golden child and helped Monica through her battle with breast cancer. But in 1995, a drunk A.J. ran his car into a tree, and Jason suffered a traumatic brain injury after being ejected from the passenger seat in the crash. Upon waking from his coma, Jason had no memory and rejected all of the Quartermaines save his grandmother, Lila, and sister, Emily. Turning his back on the family, Jason adopted the last name Morgan, which was Lila’s maiden name.

Jason met Robin again and their friendship developed into a romance. After she left for college, Jason asked her friend, Sonny Corinthos, for a job and became his personal enforcer in his mob business. Back from college, Robin was with Jason when he was shot by the Tin Man. He survived, but she begged him to give up this dangerous life. When Jason refused, Robin pressured Sonny to fire him.

Vanessa Marcil (Brenda) and Steve Burton (Jason). (Photo Credit: Scott Garfield/ABC via Getty Images)

When Carly got pregnant, Jason pretended to be the father of her baby, although it was later revealed that A.J. was Michael's real daddy. Jason comforted Elizabeth Webber following the presumed death of her boyfriend, Lucky Spencer, and that led to a strong emotional connection between the two. He married Brenda so they wouldn’t have to testify against each other, and later fell in love with Sonny’s sister, Courtney, but mob life tore their marriage apart. Jason also pretended to the be the father of Sam’s baby so Sonny would stay with Carly, and after helping Sam through her miscarriage, the two fell in love.

After Sam was shot and nearly killed, Alexis forced Jason to split up with her daughter. After witnessing Sam sleeping with Ric Lansing, Jason turned to Liz and they consummated their relationship, resulting in the birth of their son, Jake. But after Michael was shot and fell into a coma, Jason and Liz broke up. He found his way back to Sam, who rescued him when he was shot and left for dead by Jerry Jacks

Steve Burton (Jason) and James Franco (Franco). (Photo Credit: Ron Tom/ABC via Getty Images)

The crazed artist Franco stalked Jason and those close to him. After surviving being hit by a car, Jason married Sam, but on their honeymoon, Franco drugged the newlyweds and made Jason believe he’d raped his wife. When Sam became pregnant, there was some question as to who the father was, but after a baby switch and much drama, it turned out Danny belonged to Jason. But it was also revealed that Jason and Franco were fraternal twin brothers! Unfortunately, as the truth came out, Cesar Faison shot Jason at the docks and kicked him into the water!

But Jason was really alive, and being held in a hospital by Victor Cassadine who hoped to force Robin to bring his dead family members back to life and wanted her to test the procedure on Jason. He was successfully revived, but when Jason escaped from the hospital, he was hit by Ava Jerome’s car and badly injured. He woke up following facial reconstruction surgery with amnesia and began calling himself Jake Doe. He then wreaked havoc on Port Charles until the chip that Helena had put in his head to control him was removed. Jake fell in love with Elizabeth and prepared to marry her, but on their wedding day, Carly revealed that he was really Jason. Furious that Liz had known the truth and not told him, they split up.

Kelly Monaco (Sam), Rebecca Herbst (Elizabeth), and Billy Miller (Jason). (Photo Credit: Howard Wise/jpistudios.com)

Jason slowly started to find his way back to Sam, but she didn’t want to push him. After Jason fell off his motorcycle, he regained his memories and reconnected with his family. He and Sam remarried and had a baby girl who they named Emily. Following the child’s birth, Sam began acting erratically and attempted to kill Sonny. Doctors were able to cure her, but Sam has continued to second guess everything and feels that Jason has changed since he came back from the dead. But he still loves Sam more than anything, and pushing her out of the way of a mobster’s bullet landed him in the hospital fighting for his life!

Jason took a bullet for Sam! (Photo Credit: ABC)

With Burton returning to GH, the stage is being set for a wild new storyline full of shocks and surprises. So you won’t want to miss a single episode as the drama unfolds!

SEE GOLDEN OLDIE GH PICS OF STEVE BURTON AS "JASON" BACK IN THE DAY, AT THE LINK BELOW:

http://abc.soapsindepth.com/posts/ge...-morgan-140742
Old 09-28-2017, 10:38 AM
Soap Addict

Wink

GENERAL HOSPITAL Spoilers 9/27/17 — Maxie Struggles to Save Nathan!

Sep 27, 2017 12:27 pm

By Chris Eades

The best-laid plans are starting to fall apart in these spoilers from GENERAL HOSPITAL! Finn refuses to help Anna anymore, Michael and Nelle’s relationship could be about to hit yet another snag, and the Man Landers book launch party could be a hot ticket!

Anna insists on Finn helping her get information about of Cassandra, but he’s really not interested and decides to call her bluff. “If you want to make good on your blackmail threat,” he warns, “go right ahead!” But will she really expose his secret just because he refuses to help her dig up dirt on Valentin?

Finn finally stands up to Anna! (Even though they're sitting down...) (Photo Credit: ABC)

Nelle was shocked when Michael bought her apartment so she wouldn’t be evicted, but insisted on paying him rent because she didn’t want people to think she was taking advantage of him. But now Michael worries that his generous efforts may have gone to waste after all. “What’s wrong?” he asks her. “You having second thoughts?” Meanwhile, over at Kelly’s, Carly plans to find out the truth about Nelle from her late fiancé’s sister. “After today, I will know whether I can keep my promise to Michael,” Carly informs Bobbie. Because if Carly learns something truly terrible about Nelle, there’s no way she’s going to be able to let her son be her next victim!

At the Metro Court, Quinn is setting up for the Ask Man Landers book launch party. “I’m about to make Nathan West the next big thing!” she promises. But Nina just smiles awkwardly as she glances at Amy. What will happen if the truth comes out that Nathan didn’t write the book, and it was all Amy’s doing? Meanwhile, Maxie has a plan to keep Nathan from being exposed that can save his career (and keep Amy from losing the money to help her ailing brother), but Spinelli arrives at her apartment and he might be carrying a monkey wrench to throw into the works! “I’m here because of Ask Man Landers, he reveals. Can Maxie keep everything from falling apart?

SEE PICS AND VIDEO AT LINK BELOW:

http://abc.soapsindepth.com/posts/ge...-nathan-142855
Old 09-28-2017, 10:54 AM
Soap Addict

Wink

another older one, that I have never seen.MB's wife is beautiful.

GENERAL HOSPITAL's Maurice Benard Said the Most Beautiful Things About His Wife, Paula, on Their Anniversary
Updated: Aug 14, 2017 2:09 pm

By Chris Eades

Sonny Corinthos has had more than his fair share of lovers on GENERAL HOSPITAL, but portrayer Maurice Benard has only one true love, and that is his beloved wife, Paula. And on Friday, Aug. 11, the couple celebrated their 27th wedding anniversary!

“What can I say about my wife that I haven’t said already?” Benard shared on Instagram. “Today is our anniversary. She is the rock that holds my life together and there’s no better feeling knowing that you get to go through life holding your best friend’s hand. Thank you, sweetheart, I love you.”

https://www.instagram.com/p/BXrGTA1hpyD/

In their nearly three decades of wedded bliss, the Benards have discovered the secret to a lasting marriage. “Paula and I are just the bestest of friends,” Benard told Soaps In Depth. “I’m her best friend, she’s my best friend. That’s kind of the way it’s been. Always.”

The couple is so strong that they even were able to work together on the movie The Ghost and the Whale, which Paula produced and in which Benard starred. “It was great because there was a hundred percent trust,” he confided. “Sometimes I argue with her. Maybe not just sometimes, maybe a lot. But it was well worth it, because I knew she was going to make me look as good as she could, so I really enjoyed it.”

Benard revealed that communication is key to a solid relationship. “So if we get in an argument, she likes us to not hold on to it,” he said. “She likes to talk about why we’re arguing. I hate it! But she’s helped me in that area and I think it helps. When you love someone, you love someone. That’s just the way it is.”

Take a look through the special gallery of photos below to see some of the other wonderful things Benard had to say about his beautiful wife!

"Sometimes in life you meet someone who not only changes your life, but becomes your life. That person teaches you to be a better husband, a better father, and most important, a better man. Thank you Paula, for being one in a million."

http://abc.soapsindepth.com/posts/gh...aula-02-224058
Old 09-28-2017, 01:26 PM
Soap Addict

Wink

Soaps.com has the scoop on actors cast in small day player roles on "General Hospital" for the month of September. Some of the dates for these scenes may be off by a day or two due to pre-emptions, edits, and some may be cut all together.

Charlene Amoia will play Rose Caldwell on September 20 and 21. Amoia has also appeared on "Days of our Lives" as Nurse Katie in 2010 and 2011, and will guest on the November 14 episode of "American Horror Story: Cult."

John Nania will play a transporter on September 28.

Brea Bee first appeared on "General Hospital" in the September 27 episode as Sharon Grant (Nelle's dead finace's sister). She also played a nurse on the soap on May 25, 2012 and appeared as a random woman on "Days of our Lives" on January 13, 2017.

http://soaps.sheknows.com/comings-and-goings

````````````````````

Soaps.com brings you exclusive news on actors cast in small day player roles for the month of October on "General Hospital." The dates for these scenes may be off by a day or two due to pre-emptions, edits, or the part being cut all together.

Rob Locke plays Father Stanislov on "GH" beginning October 2 through October 4. Locke has appeared in numerous television shows, including "Ray Donovan."

Tommie Earl Jenkins plays Dean Paulson on "General Hospital" on October 4. He's previously appeared on "How to Get Away with Murder."

Pat Frey plays a Russian orderly on "GH" on October 3.

Brad Lee Wind appears as Vasca on "General Hospital" on October 4. He also played Timon on “Days of our Lives” in February and March of 2017, a mover on “One Life to Live” in 2008 and 2009, as well as a Galaxy Club bouncer on “As the World Turns” in 2006.

Chanelle Wang turns up on "GH" as Fan #1 on October 10.

about 6 hours ago

```````````````````````

Tamara Braun Back to General Hospital?

Soaps.com is hearing that Tamara Braun may be returning to "General Hospital" as soon as next week.
Braun previously played Carly Corinthos from 2001 until 2005 on the soap. This time Tamara Braun would return to General Hospital as a new character. We will keep readers updated as more information is made available

Old 09-30-2017, 10:35 AM
Soap Addict

WATCH: GH's Nicolas Bechtel opens up about his Mexican heritage

by Kambra Clifford

Posted Wednesday, September 27, 2017

General Hospital's Nicolas Bechtel (Spencer Cassadine) talks about his Mexican-American upbringing in a cute new video that also reveals the old-fashioned hobbies he does in his spare time.

What's not to love about General Hospital star Nicolas Bechtel (Spencer Cassadine)? The young actor has won the hearts of daytime fans with his acting chops and entertaining personality, and now he's likely to attract a few more “aaawww”s with a video he made for the Disney Channel.

In celebration of Hispanic Heritage Month, Bechtel shot a short video for the family network that gives a glimpse into how his Mexican heritage has shaped the young man he is today. He also shares that his grandpa is his best friend.

“We collect watches together, we collect coins together, and we have a lot of fun,” he enthuses before adding: “Both sides of my family are super close. We're always there when somebody needs someone to talk to, and I love my family.”

Check out the cute video below and let us know the unique ways your family heritage has shaped you.

http://soapcentral.com/gh/news/2017/...l_heritage.php
Old 09-30-2017, 03:58 PM
Soap Addict

Wink

Here is a bit more about the death of Anne Jeffrey's..Also, make sure you go to the link at the bottom of this post, to see her in her late teens.

Beloved GH actress Anne Jeffreys dead at 94

by Kambra Clifford

Posted Thursday, September 28, 2017

General Hospital actress Anne Jeffreys (ex-Amanda Barrington) has passed away.

Legendary actress Anne Jeffreys, who played General Hospital's Amanda Barrington for over two decades, has died. She was 94.

The vivacious actress, model, and singer got her start in the entertainment business at a young age. She was a member of the New York Municipal Opera Company and sang in several productions at Carnegie Hall before signing with the John Robert Powers agency as a junior model. She then went on to star in a slew of films including I Married An Angel opposite Nelson Eddy and Jeanette MacDonald, the 1944 Frank Sinatra musical Step Lively, and as Tess Trueheart in the Dick Tracy series.

When the North Carolina native's film career faltered, she moved her focus to the stage and starred in several Broadway productions including Kiss Me, Kate; Street Scene; and Three Wishes For Jamie. However, she made plenty of time for television appearances, as well. In fact, her most notable role is in the CBS sitcom Topper, where she was billed as "the ghostess with the mostest."

Jeffreys continued to appear on television throughout the latter part of the century in series like Wagon Train; L.A. Law; Murder, She Wrote; Battlestar Galactica; and the prime time soap Falcon Crest (as Amanda Croft).

Perhaps it was her time on Falcon Crest that prompted Jeffreys to pursue a career in daytime fairly late in her career. The actress took on the role of wealthy socialite Amanda Barrington in 1984 and appeared on a recurring basis until 2004. One of her most notable storylines is a blackmail scheme that led to the murder of Jimmy Lee Holt's mother, Beatrice. She also briefly appeared on GH's sister soap, Port Charles, as a vampire. Jeffrey's final appearance on GH was in 2004 when Amanda attended the funeral of her friend, Lila Quartermaine. In 2013, it was revealed that Amanda had passed away a few years earlier.

Jeffreys, who has a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame at 1501 Vine Street, married actor Robert Sterling in 1951 and worked with him on several occasions, including on Topper and in Love That Jill. The couple had three sons together: Jeffrey, Dana, and Tyler. Mr. Sterling died in 2006 at the age of 88.

"God bless the beautiful and talented Anne Jeffreys," tweeted former castmate Jacklyn Zeman (Bobbie) "RIP. We will always remember you with love and appreciation."

https://twitter.com/JackieZeman/stat...freys_obit.php

see pics here at the bottom link
http://soapcentral.com/gh/news/2017/...freys_obit.php