Soaps and Entertainment  

Go Back   Soaps and Entertainment > TV Shows, Movies, and Music > Soap Opera Forums > The Bold and the Beautiful

Old 10-10-2017, 11:52 AM
Soap Addict

Credits: 662,305
Thanked 14,761 Times in 10,285 Posts
Wink Latest B&B News WK.10/16

Casting News!

Danny Woodburn To B&B

October 10, 2017 10:42AM

SEINFELD alum Danny Woodburn will be appearing on B&B on October 19, reports TV Insider. Woodburn has also appeared on ALL MY CHILDREN and PASSIONS.
This is one hack we can’t blame on the Russians. The Bold and the Beautiful’s dethroned CEO Bill Spencer (Don Diamont) wants to get his mitts on the incriminating recording that led to his exit from Spencer Publications, so he gives the big job to a little person. On October 19, Bill hires shifty tech whiz Ken, played by Seinfeld alum Danny Woodburn, to infiltrate the company’s computer system and save his hide.

“Bill is willing to pay lots and lots of dough for Ken to get hold of the evidence Liam [Scott Clifton] has in his files,” previews Woodburn. “I can’t say how it turns out—but Ken’s no fool. He gets paid either way!”

This is hardly the actor’s first connection to the suds. “It all comes full circle, baby!” says Woodburn, recalling how his Seinfeld character, Mickey Abbott, and pal Cosmo Kramer (Michael Richards) worked together as stand-ins on All My Children. Woodburn also had a good run as a demon elf on Passions.

“I’m always amazed at how gorgeous soap stars are,” he says. “Diamont and I are the same age, and I’m like, ‘Don, what did you do, sacrifice a child? How do you look like that and I look like this?’ But, hey, I’m not complaining. He can bring the beautiful and I’ll bring the bold.”

Woodburn says he was cast as Ken after speaking on the subject of diversity at a luncheon for CBS casting directors, which was attended by B&B’s head of casting Christy Dooley. “I advocate for performers with disabilities to play all kinds of people —not just characters with disabilities,” says Woodburn. “It’s a tough business for everybody. This is my 27th year with a union card and I’m always excited to be on a set. To me, being at B&B isn’t work. It’s a vacation. [Laughs] When I have a job, I can actually relax!”

https://www.tvinsider.com/550314/the...anny-woodburn/

By SOD

http://www.soapoperadigest.com/conte...y-woodburn-bb/
Old 10-12-2017, 12:28 PM
Soap Addict

Wink

Heather Tom, Karla Mosley & Jacob Young Travel on a B&B Publicity Tour

Three soap stars are headed to thank fans.

Soaps.com has learned that “The Bold and the Beautiful” stars Jacob Young (Rick Forrester), Karla Mosley (Maya Avant Forrester), and Heather Tom (Katie Logan), are headed on a publicity tour to South Africa. For the trip, which will take place over five days from October 21 through 26, the actors will travel to Cape Town and Johannesburg. Activities scheduled include personal appearances at two shopping centers - Mall of Africa, a shopping mall located in Waterfall City, Midrand, Gauteng and Maponya Mall, a massive shopping centre in Soweto. The tour stops at several landmarks including Soweto Township and a flat-topped Table Mountain which overlooks the city of Cape Town, in addition to a private event featuring a meet and greet session for winners of a contest.

As for the purpose of the trip to South Africa, executive producer and head writer Brad Bell explained in a statement to Soap Opera Digest, “I’m so thankful that after 30 years, our South African viewers and our broadcaster, SABC3, remain an integral part of our extended television family. To celebrate this occasion, we’re sending Karla, Heather and Jacob in person to convey our warm greetings and gratitude to our fans.”

While Young and Mosley’s “B&B” characters haven’t been featuring heavily on the soap lately, they’ve both had outside gigs keeping them busy. Jacob Young performs country music in support of his album, and Karla Mosley acts on Wed Locked, her web series with co-star Lawrence Saint Victor (Carter). Heather Tom’s character Katie, of course, is embroiled in a front-burner romance with her ex-husband’s son, Wyatt (Darin Brooks). Mosley took to Twitter to share the exciting news, and posted, "The secret's out - South Africa here we come!"

http://soaps.sheknows.com/the-bold-a...publicity-tour
Old 10-13-2017, 09:46 AM
Soap Addict

Wink

B&B's Rena Sofer sidelined by broken ankle

by Kambra Clifford

Posted Thursday, October 12, 2017

Ouch! The Bold and the Beautiful's Rena Sofer (Quinn Fuller) has been knocked off her feet by a broken ankle.

Hot on the heels of learning that The Young and the Restless' Eileen Davidson has been laid up with a broken toe comes word that another CBS Daytime performer has been sidelined by an injury: The Bold and the Beautiful's Rena Sofer (Quinn Fuller).

The California native posted a photo of herself cuddling her two dogs on Instagram along with the caption: “These two have literally saved my life these last two weeks. I've been laid up with a broken ankle and they never left my side. Along with #uncleIggy who isn't pictured. #alfieandmega #adoptdontshop #puppylove”

Late last month, Sofer shared that she had hurt her ankle during a demanding game of tennis. While it appeared to be just a sprain, it turns out the sports injury was actually much more serious.

“So this happened... best tennis of my life so far,” she shared soon after the injury. “DAMN that high ball!!!!”

The good news, Sofer tells soapcentral.com, is that she is on the road to recovery thanks to another B&B star. "I’m getting better with many thanks to Linsey Godfrey," the actress tweeted, adding "she got me up and walking!!!"

http://soapcentral.com/bb/news/2017/...oken_ankle.php

Last edited by sandellbisquit; 10-13-2017 at 12:17 PM.
Old 10-13-2017, 12:18 PM
Soap Addict

Wink

B&B’s Jacob Young, Sarah Joy Brown Speak Out on Industry Sexual Predators

Soap opera actors who have been targeted.

Hollywood’s Harvey Weinstein scandal broke earlier this month, in which the American film producer and co-founder of Miramax films was exposed by the New York Times for decades of sexual harassment and assault involving numerous actresses such as Ashley Judd, who detailed an encounter with the producer in a Peninsula Beverly Hills hotel room. Soaps.com learned that when she arrived at the room, Judd claims she "found Weinstein waiting in a bathrobe. He asked her for a massage or if she could watch him shower." Rose McGowan ("Charmed," "The Black Dahlia," "Grindhouse") starred in "Scream," in 1996, and was given a settlement of $100,000 with Weinstein over an alleged incident that happened in a hotel room during the Sundance Film Festival. As SheKnows states, "The legal document reportedly underscored that it was 'not to be construed as an admission' by Weinstein but intended to 'avoid litigation and buy peace'." Angelina Jolie alleged that she had an encounter with Weinstein while working on "Playing by Heart," and explained that the producer made unwanted advances toward her. Gwyneth Paltrow also alleged that Weinstein made sexual advances toward her and she reported it to then boyfriend, Brad Pitt, who in turn confronted Weinstein about his abhorrent behavior.

As more allegations surfaced, Weinstein’s wife, Georgina Chapman left him, and in a statement to People said, "My heart breaks for all the women who have suffered tremendous pain because of these unforgivable actions. I have chosen to leave my husband. Caring for my young children is my first priority and I ask the media for privacy at this time."

As the Weinstein scandal brought the topic of sexual predators in the entertainment industry to the forefront in the media, soap actor Jacob Young, who plays “The Bold and the Beautiful’s” Rick Forrester, took to Twitter to speak out on the subject. Young shared that he experienced targeting by sexual predators during his 17 years in the industry, and stated, “Glad 2 see light being shed on sexual predators in the industry. Its been happening since the dawn of entertainment. I myself have been pray 2 powerful Hollywood elites advances. Somehow it's been accepted that it's "ok" for these types 2 be inappropriate w/starry eyed talent.”

The actor wasn’t the only person in the soap opera industry to come forward in the wake of the Weinstein revelations, as soap vet Sarah Joy Brown, who played “B&B’s” Agnes Jones from 2009 - 2011, also came forward on social media with a related story. She told her followers, “I reported a Director who assaulted me several years ago my representative advised me it was best not to make trouble if I wanted to work.”

http://soaps.sheknows.com/the-bold-a...xual-predators
Old 10-16-2017, 12:10 PM
Soap Addict

Wink

Soaps Spoiler Digest: Stunning Announcements and Renewed Feuds

Nightmares and big exits.

The Bold and the Beautiful:
There’s more fuel for the fire of Quinn’s hatred of Katie after she catches the brunette in bed with Wyatt. The women fight and Eric is left trying to put things together. With Quinn distracted, Sheila tries to enlist Pam into her plans for domination. Meanwhile, Steffy urges Bill to get things back on track with Liam. Instead, he hires a hacker (played by Danny Woodburn) to get him back into Spencer’s files while Brooke opens up to Rick about her upcoming divorce. Check out Soaps.com's The Bold and the Beautiful spoilers to learn who has a warning for Justin.

http://soaps.sheknows.com/soaps/news...-renewed-feuds
Old 10-16-2017, 03:22 PM
Soap Addict

Wink

The Bold and the Beautiful:
You may be seeing Kimberlin Brown (Sheila) in a different role soon. The actress is running for Congress. Meanwhile, Rena Sofer (Quinn) is recovering from a broken ankle and Heather Tom (Katie), Karla Mosley (Maya) and Jacob Young (Rick) are on a publicity tour. Young and Sarah Joy Brown (Agnes) weighed in on sexual predators in the wake of the Harvey Weinstein scandal. Take a quick trip through last week’s action in Soaps.com’s The Bold and the Beautiful news room where we have video highlights featuring Bill begging Brooke, Sheila confident in her plan, and Brooke being suspicious of her sister. And “Seinfeld’s” Danny Woodburn will be making a guest appearance on B&B. Plus, Candace thinks Brooke’s moves are unappealing, Sally is moving too fast, and Bill’s revenge plan is a bit cartoonish in her "B&B" blog
http://soaps.sheknows.com/soaps/news...fer-soaps-news
Old 10-18-2017, 12:03 PM
Soap Addict

Wink

B&B’s Ingo Rademacher’s Nervous, and Excited, to Play Thorne Forrester

Ingo Rademacher talks B&B Thorne recast and leaving GH.

Recently, Soaps.com reported the huge recast news that Ingo Rademacher would replace Winsor Harmon as Thorne Forrester on “The Bold and the Beautiful.” Harmon spilled the beans in a post on social media that the former “General Hospital” star would be taking over the role. In an interview with Soap Opera Digest, Rademacher revealed that “B&B” originally wanted him for only 11 episodes…and he would have been playing the role of Mateo, the Hispanic Forrester estate manager (now played by Francisco San Martin). As it wasn’t an ideal fit, and another longer term role, Thorne, was on the table, the actor met with executive producer and headwriter, Brad Bell, and ended up signing on. He said, “I’ve always heard great things about ‘B&B’. People have loved working there, same with ‘The Young and the Restless’ too. So I was happy to hear what the offer would be and happy to say that we worked out a deal, so I’m stoked to come on the show.”

Rademacher acknowledged that fans of his former “GH” character, Jax, weren’t happy about him joining another soap, and explained, “Frank (Valentini, ‘GH’s’ executive producer) knew I was available. I’m not going to say anything else beyond that.”

As for the recast role of Thorne Forrester, Rademacher admits he didn’t realize Harmon had still been playing the part on a recurring basis until he saw his post on Twitter. He recalls, “I said to my wife, ‘Oh, I feel bad now.’” However, the actor went on to explain, “As far as recasting, that’s just the way it goes. I can’t make those decisions. That’s Brad’s call, it’s his show, and I’m pretty sure that Brad has seen my work over the years, and he probably felt that I could slip right in there and bring something to the character that he had in mind. He seems like he’s excited to write for me and I’m excited. I’m nervous, to be honest with you. It’s a little bit nerve-wracking to go into a role.”

Soaps.com is also excited to see what the soap vet will bring to the role. Additionally, Rademacher will appear in ION’s A Royal Christmas Ball in December.

http://soaps.sheknows.com/the-bold-a...orne-forrester
Old 10-18-2017, 12:28 PM
Soap Addict

Wink

TOMORROW, THURSDAY 10/19 DADDY WOODBURN PLAYS

SEE BELOW

"Seinfeld" actor Danny Woodburn, who played The demon elf on "Passions" from 2007 - 2008, is set to appear on "The Bold and the Beautiful" on October 19 as a tech wiz named Ken. According to TV Insider, Woodburn's character is hired by Bill Spencer to hack into his company's files and retrieve the incriminating recording of him confessing to setting the Spectra fire. Woodburn, joked about working on "B&B," "It’s a vacation. [Laughs] When I have a job, I can actually relax!" Regarding his good-looking co-star Don Diamont, the actor cracked, "He can bring the beautiful and I’ll bring the bold."

http://soaps.sheknows.com/the-bold-a...ls-secret-ally
Old 10-19-2017, 02:05 PM
Soap Addict

Wink

ARTICLE: Linsey Godfrey Speaks Up About Being Molested & Raped

Linsey Godfrey (Caroline) is now speaking up about the vicious abuse she went through at the hands of her stepfather and, years later, another man.

https://twitter.com/linseygodfrey/st...58672774832129