Soaps and Entertainment  

Go Back   Soaps and Entertainment > TV Shows, Movies, and Music > Soap Opera Forums > The Bold and the Beautiful

Old 11-18-2017, 07:32 AM
Soap Addict

Credits: 673,540
Thanked 14,964 Times in 10,434 Posts
Wink Latest B&B News WK.11/27

Is Hope Returning to THE BOLD & THE BEAUTIFUL? — See What Kim Matula is Doing Now!

Updated: Nov 16, 2017 1:17 pm

By Chris Eades

Despite not being seen in quite a while, THE BOLD & THE BEAUTIFUL fans still often find themselves wondering, is Hope returning? In daytime anything is possible, but sadly, even if the character returns to Los Angeles, it’s unlikely Kim Matula will be playing the role again because she's starring in the new primetime sitcom LA TO VEGAS!

The character of Hope was born in 2002, and played by a series of child actors, including Rachel and Amanda Pace, before being aged to a young woman when Matula took over the role in 2010. However, after five years on B&B, the actress decided to leave, making her final appearance in December of 2015. Since that time, Matula has made brief guest appearances in two episodes in 2015 and one in 2016.

Back in August of 2015, Matula shared a throwback pic to the time Hope had a bad fall and admitted to fans she would not be returning to B&B. “I’m still exploring another side of life! However, it truly means a lot that you miss her so much!”

Since leaving B&B, Matula found success starring as Tiffany, one of the “bachelorettes” on season two of Lifetime’s hit series, UNREAL. And then revealed that she was working on a brand new film starring Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson!

Fighting With My Family is an upcoming comedy/drama based on the life of WWE superstar Paige and will star Johnson as himself, alongside Lena Heady, Nick Frost, and Vince Vaughn. Matula will be playing Jeri-Lynn in the film.

“Taking a break in the ring,” Matula joked on Instagram. “Moments before I dropped my phone on my face. JK… or am I?”

Although Matula didn’t share any photos of herself in costume in the ring, she reported really enjoying filming in London. “You guys,” she wrote, “this was a seriously incredible experience. I can’t wait for everyone to see this movie!”

The actress also declared she was "beyond excited" to be cast in the FOX comedy series LA -> VEGAS where she stars opposite Dylan McDermott as a flight attendant. While the series does not yet have a premiere date, you can watch a preview of it right now!

LA To Vegas: Official Trailer | LA TO VEGAS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1mg2qahjBE

So while it’s wonderful that Matula has found success after B&B, unfortunately for her fans, it rules out a long-term return to the soap. While she might be willing to make the occasional appearance as she has the past couple years, if B&B wants to bring Hope back onto the canvas full-time, they’re going to have to recast the role

http://www.cbs.soapsindepth.com/post...-matula-127605
Old 11-20-2017, 01:40 PM
Soap Addict

Wink

Jacqueline MacInnes Wood’s Surprise Engagement to Ethan Ruspoli

A soulmate worthy of a soap opera love story.

Soaps.com has learned that “The Bold and the Beautiful’s” Jacqueline MacInnes Wood got engaged to her boyfriend of almost a year, Ethan Ruspoli, over the weekend. The actress took to Instagram to share the exciting news, sharing a photo of them embracing ecstatically with the caption, “Biggest surprise of my life. IM ENGAGED!! Elan, you are my everything and I️ can’t wait to begin this new chapter with you. I️ feel like the luckiest girl in the world. I love you beyond words. My soulmate.”

While the actress may have been taken off guard by her boyfriend proposing, it’s no real surprise the she accepted given that Wood referred to Ruspoli as ‘the one’ in a recent Soap Opera Digest interview, and explained, “We met through my best friend Brian. We’d actually met at a few events briefly, but I wasn’t in the right place. Then, we were set up. We had a double date, and I was not ready but of course, when you’re not looking is usually when you find it.” She went on to say, “It was like pulling teeth to even get me to go out on this date and we hit it off immediately.” Wood also described them as being ‘very in sync’.

Wood, who was born in the city of Windsor, which is on the other side of the United States and Canadian border from Detroit, recently traveled to Italy with her now fiancé, who worked on the short films, “Frank & Lola” and “My Pretty Pony.” The actress shared a photo of the pair in a close moment in Venice, Italy on Instagram with the caption, “Secret streets ..where the heart beats ~Venice.”

Soaps.com congratulates Jacqueline MacInnes Wood and Ethan Ruspoli and wishes them all the best on their happy engagement news!

http://soaps.sheknows.com/the-bold-a...-ethan-ruspoli
Old 11-20-2017, 02:35 PM
Soap Addict

JT comes back alone? (spoilers inside)

J.T. Hellstrom is on his way back to Genoa City. The last we heard of him was when his eldest son Reed came to stay with his mother, Victoria. At the time we were told J.T. was moving to Poland with his pregnant wife, Mac, and their son, D.J., which was why Reed came to Genoa City.

I was thrown by this news because, prior to that, we heard that J.T. and Mac were having such a severe marital crisis that Mac could not drag herself away to attend her own grandmother's funeral. It was made to sound so serious that an off-screen breakup was all but inevitable and one of the characters could return single to G.C. down the road. Yet a couple of years later, not only are they reconciled but having another baby together!

And now we learn one of them IS coming back to G.C. - but without wife or kids! What could have happened in the intervening months? Mac should have given birth to their third child already. But we didn't hear that update from Reed, whether he had a new brother or sister and what the child's name was. Even when Mac and J.T. were offscreen in D.C., Katherine announced the arrival of her great-grandchild, Dylan (later renamed D.J. to avoid confusion with Nikki and Paul's retconned son). Surely the birth of another great-grandchild merited a mention from Reed, now that Katherine is gone? Not only that, it would have been relevant to Mattie who was carried to term by Mac. The new baby would be her and Charlie's sibling from another mother, so to speak!

The absence of news and J.T.'s return alone suggests to me that Mac lost the baby and their already-fragile marriage wasn't strong enough to withstand the grief of losing another child. (Remember, they miscarried once back when they were teens, too.) It wouldn't surprise me to discover they conceived this latest child in an effort to save their crumbling marriage, and when the child died, so did their marriage. Mac has probably taken their surviving son and gone to live with her dad in D.C., which leaves J.T. at loose ends and brings him back to G.C.

The question now is - what's his unfinished business here (as indicated in the trailer)? J.T. had three great loves: Mac (who isn't returning), Colleen (who's dead) and Victoria (with whom the actor broke up in real life). His only family in town is Reed. (I don't think we've ever seen J.T.'s parents and he's an only child, and none of his in-laws are in town except cousin Devon.) I can't see what's so urgent when Reed seems to be fine, plus we were told he has a fraught relationship with his dad.

added

Since this has been tagged a "spoiler" thread, it's worth noting that Jamey Giddens, both on Twitter and on the DC website/podcast, has said that the storyline involving J.T. will be about domestic abuse, and he has noted that he's upset about using an established character who never exhibited any violent tendencies with his former partners in such a story arc. People change, but only gradually over time, and a youthful person who never raised a hand previously with any of the women in his life would be highly unlikely to do so in future. I find it very, very difficult to believe that J.T. would behave in this manner, especially with Mac. Now, if it were Victoria... In any event, one of the last things that happened to J.T. was when he was struck by lightning in a rainstorm trying to save Sharon (I seem to recall) when she was involved in a car accident on some country lane. This seriously damaged his heart and resulted in him having to curtail a great many physically strenuous activities. He and Mac were able to marry and left together for Washington, D.C. subsequently. It sounds to me as if they've decided to entirely ignore his physical problems (or forgot about it).

http://soapcentral.com/yr/news/2017/...jt_returns.php
The Following User Says Thank You to sandellbisquit For This Useful Post:
L.Kaye (11-21-2017)
Old 11-22-2017, 01:42 PM
Soap Addict

Wink

Actress Annika Noelle, who played Sami Nelson on “Venice: The Series” from 2011 – 2012, has been cast in the role of Hope Logan, vacated by Kim Matula in 2016, according to Soap Opera Digest. Noelle began her acting career doing shorts, including an appearance in a Black Keys music video, and her other credits include movies such as “Love’s Christmas Journey,” “Jersey Boys,” and “Evan’s Crime.” She also had roles in the TV series “Bree Does Comedy” and “Chasing Life,” and recently wrapped production on “Demon Lake.” The character of Hope Logan has been living in Paris, and left town after a fall down the stairs on her mother's estate involving Quinn. Watch for Hope to return near the beginning of January.

http://soaps.sheknows.com/the-bold-a...bbs-hope-logan

ETA:

A fan favorite returns, with a new face.

It has been confirmed on many websites that Ms. Annika Noelle has been cast as the new Hope Logan Spencer. I am hoping that she is here for Wyatt because I am NOT interested in a LOPE reunion. And I feel that she deserves her husband so goodbye Katie and Watie. Welcome to B&B Ms. Annika Noelle

Hope back for Liam or Wyatt?

The latest B&B spoilers hint that while Liam’s relationship with Steffy is headed for stormy waters, Wyatt Spencer’s (Darin Brooks) love life is in fine shape. He and Katie Logan (Heather Tom) are still in the honeymoon phase of their new, secret relationship but, then again, Bill Spencer (Don Diamont) doesn’t know his ex-wife is toying with his son. Of course, considering what Bill just did with Steffy in the Forrester guest house, he really can’t throw stones, but that doesn’t mean he won’t try.

So, who will Hope tangle with when she returns, Liam or Wyatt? It seems more likely from the latest Bold and the Beautiful spoilers from She Knows Soaps that it will be Liam given that his split with Steffy seems inevitable. Other B&B spoilers hint that Steffy will turn up pregnant and her child might belong to Bill and not Liam, which would predictably end their marriage. But even if Steffy isn’t knocked up, the reveal of her cheating with Bill is imminent since Sally Spectra (Courtney Hope) learns the truth soon.

New faces on Bold continue

Next week, Bold spoilers reveal that Ingo Rademacher comes on the scene as new Thorne Forrester, a stunning recast as the ex-General Hospital actor (he played Jasper Jax) takes on the role formerly played by Winsor Harmon. With this news of the Hope recast with Annika Noelle, it’s a one-two punch for longtime B&B watchers who love Winsor Harmon and Kim Matula. But both recasts are a done deal, so it’s time to brace for change as these recasts hit Bold and the Beautiful one after the other.

Annika Noelle has been acting since 2010 and had some small roles before landing on web soap Venice the Series in 2011. Since then, Noelle has done single episodes of a few TV series and indie films. The Bold and the Beautiful spoilers of her casting as Hope Logan is Annika Noelle’s big break into television and will shake up things on the CBS daytime set as Hope returns from Italy to stir trouble. There are good things ahead for the Logans soon with Hope, Brooke, and Katie all chasing love.

Hope back to support Brooke

It’s interesting timing for recast Hope’s return since Brooke Logan (Katherine Kelly Lang) is fresh off of divorcing Bill. Ridge Forrester (Thorsten Kaye) is hoping to win her back, but recast Thorne hits LA next week with plans to kick Ridge and Steffy out of the Co-CEO chairs at Forrester Creations. In addition to wrestling the family business from Ridge, Thorne also plans to win Brooke. This is a big plot twist and will be heightened with the addition of recast Hope coming on the scene.

Bold and the Beautiful spoilers promise that Hope will show up just in time for the big “Steffy cheating with Bill” reveal so she can salt the wound of Steffy’s betrayal. While Sally is also hoping for a shot with Liam, Hope might win him instead since many B&B fans see Hope as the love of Liam’s life. If Hope arrives in time to be a shoulder for Liam to cry on, Sally might be out of luck. Be sure to share this exciting news with others and check back for the latest The Bold and the Beautiful spoilers.

CLICK ON HERE TO SEE HER:

https://www.inquisitr.com/4639423/bo...es-kim-matula/

Last edited by sandellbisquit; 11-22-2017 at 02:11 PM.
Old 11-25-2017, 12:55 PM
Soap Addict

Wink

Casting scoops

Annika Noelle has been cast as Hope Logan. For more information, click here.

http://soapcentral.com/bb/news/2017/...ika_noelle.php

General Hospital's Ingo Rademacher takes over the role of Thorne Forrester, starting this week. For more information, click here.

http://soapcentral.com/bb/news/2017/...rne_recast.php

A casting call has gone out for a 20-year-old Caucasian at least 5'10" in height to play the part of Chase. Chase is well educated, handsome, artistic, ambitious, and charismatic. He is easygoing, but he will stand up for himself when needed.

There is a casting call for a 22- to 24-year-old black male. The role is described as a leading man.
Old 11-25-2017, 01:00 PM
Soap Addict

Wink

The Bold and the Beautiful Spoilers SHOCKER - Zende Will Be Come Back B&B | BB Daily News Update

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i4w9CnYTAuU
Old 11-27-2017, 03:56 PM
Soap Addict

Wink

Photos of Soap Stars Celebrating at 2017 Hollywood Christmas Parade

Daytime stars come out to celebrate the holidays with fans.

Updated November 27: Soaps.com has photos of the soap opera actors who attended yesterday’s taping of the 86th Annual Hollywood Christmas Parade. Aside from the previously reported "Days" and "Y&R" stars set to attend, "The Bay's" Kristos Andrews, Lilly Melgar and Eric Nelsen, and "Days'" alum Tara Reid (Ashley) also took part in the festivities. View the gallery below and tune in to the CW to watch the parade on Friday December 15 at 8:00 PM.

On November 8 Soaps.com mishael-morgan-bryton-james-christmas-parade-yr-hwlearned that various soap opera actors will be taking part in this year's 86th Annual Hollywood Christmas Parade. Spectators watching the parade will be able to see "Days of our Lives'" Lauren Koslow (Kate), Deidre Hall (Marlena) and Marci Miller (Abby) and “The Young and the Restless’” Kate Linder (Esther), Bryton James (Devon) and Mishael Morgan (Hilary). Stay tuned for more details as they are released.

On October 19, Soaps.com reported details for this year’s 86th Annual Hollywood Christmas Parade, which will be filmed live on Sunday November 26 at 5:00 PM and marci-miller-days-abby-hollywood-christmas-parade-jjwill air nationwide as a two-hour special on the CW network on Friday December 15 at 8:00 PM – with an encore to air on the Hallmark Channel (date to be announced). Dr. Oz has been delegated as the grand marshal with Erik Estrada ("B&B," Eduardo Dominguez), Laura McKenzie, Dean Cain and Montel Williams as hosts, as well as co-hosts Elizabeth Stanton and Garrett Clayton. There will also be live musical performances, on two stages, to benefit The Marines Toys for Tots Foundation.

The Associated Television International will present and produce the parade that will air to over a million American servicemen and women worldwide on American Forces Network. More than a million spectators attend the live taping each year, as celebrity-filled cars and floats containing larger than life inflatable character balloons make their way down the three mile route. Of this year’s grand marshal, President of Associated Television International Jim Romanovich stated, "Dr. Oz is a foremost daytime fixture on television whose multiple Emmy wins and chart topping ratings, in addition to helping millions of people every day deal with life's challenges, make him the perfect choice to lead the parade as Grand Marshal."

http://soaps.sheknows.com/soaps/news...rade-announced
Old 11-28-2017, 02:06 PM
Soap Addict

Wink

THE BOLD & THE BEAUTIFUL Spoilers 11/27/17 —

Ridge Doesn't Look Happy About Thorne's Return!

Nov 27, 2017 11:17 am

A Forrester returns in these spoilers from THE BOLD & THE BEAUTIFUL, but Ridge doesn’t seem particularly thrilled to see Thorne again! And things are also going badly over at Spencer as Wyatt is beginning to feel like he’s the third wheel in the family!

Thorne has often seemed like the Forrester that the family forgot, being sent off to work overseas or in the jokingly-referred-to “basement,” but that looks ready to change now that he’s back in Los Angeles again! The last anyone had seen of the guy was in 2015 when his daughter, Aly, died. And after the funeral, Thorne returned to Europe and was barely mentioned again. But now he has returned, and not everyone seems happy to see him! “Welcome home, little brother,” Ridge snarls. Will there be another battle for control of the company?

Next on B&B (11/27/2017)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jP_su3xr-kg
Old 11-28-2017, 02:11 PM
Soap Addict

Wink

Everything You Need to Know About Thorne Forrester

on THE BOLD & THE BEAUTIFUL

Nov 27, 2017 4:09 pm

Thorne Forrester has returned to THE BOLD & THE BEAUTIFUL, this time played by GENERAL HOSPITAL star Ingo Rademacher. It’s been a while since the character has been seen on the soap, and even longer since he’s been involved in major front burner storylines, so we’re here to help fill in some of the blanks for newer viewers wondering about his colorful history! When B&B first premiered in 1987, Thorne was played by Clayton Norcross, and after he left in 1989, Jeff Trachta took over the role. However, many fans of the show best remember Thorne as played by Winsor Harmon, who took over the character in 1996 and played him until 2016.

As the younger son of Eric and Stephanie Forrester, Thorne always lived in the shadow of his older brother, Ridge. He had a crush on Caroline, and when she dumped Ridge for cheating on her before their wedding, Thorne swooped in to romance the beauty and marry her himself! After Ridge slipped into a drunk Caroline’s bed thinking it would be funny, she made love to him thinking he was her husband! When Thorne, recovering from surgery, found out about it, he got drunk and the combination of alcohol and painkillers led him to grab his mother’s gun and shoot Ridge in the head! To protect her son, Stephanie took the blame, claiming she thought Ridge was an intruder.

Thorne’s family struggled to keep him from regaining his memories of that horrible night, and after going to therapy, he was finally strong enough to give Caroline the divorce she wanted. When he also learned the truth about what had happened between her and Ridge, he cut them both out of his life. Later, he found himself drawn to Brooke’s sister, Donna Logan. But he soon fell in love with Macy Alexander, which caused problems as she was Sally’s daughter, and the Spectras were Forrester’s fashion rivals.

Macy and Thorne were married, but the strain of their competing families proved too much for them and they separated. When Macy wanted to reconcile, Thorne was dating Karen Spencer, who only finally gave in when she realized that he would never love her as much as he loved Macy. But when Macy refused to fire Anthony Armando from Spectra, they split up again and Thorne flew to Paris with Brooke.

Thorne returned to LA for Taylor’s funeral and briefly dated Forrester model Ivana Vanderveld. When Thorne and Macy began singing together and he stayed by her side as she recovered from throat surgery, a jealous Ivana began sending threatening letters. Thorne was arrested at his and Macy’s wedding after his letter opener was used to murder Ivana, but it was later revealed he’d been framed by Anthony, who wanted Macy for himself.

Later, Thorne fell in love with Taylor and even convinced her to claim that he was the father of her baby, but she ultimately wanted to tell Ridge the truth. Thorne worked with Brooke to prevent it, but ultimately Thomas' paternity came out and Taylor and Ridge were reunited, leaving Thorne out in the cold. After he quit Forrester because of Stephanie’s preferential treatment of Ridge, he saved Spectra Fashions from bankruptcy. But when Macy was reluctant to reconcile, Thorne then found himself having an affair with Brooke!

Thorne was always fighting to be second best in Brooke’s heart
Stephanie was so enraged to learn of the affair that she threatened to kill Brooke, so Thorne struggled to keep it a secret, even pretending to reunite with Macy. But when he saw Brooke kissing Ridge again, he followed Macy to the airport and made their reunion real by marrying her in Amsterdam. However, when Macy was killed in a car accident, Sally exposed Thorne and Brooke’s relationship at the funeral, causing Stephanie to have another stroke. Forced to chose between Brooke and his family, Thorne chose the blonde!

After being pursued by Macy’s half-sister, Kimberly Fairchild, Thorne married Brooke, but soon came to realize she would always love Ridge. While in Italy for a fashion show, he was stunned to discover that Macy was alive! However, despite their reunion, a drunken Thorne had also slept with Darla, and she was carrying his child! Tragically, just after Macy made peace with the situation, she was killed by a falling chandelier at the club where she was singing!

'The Bold And The Beautiful' Cast Through The Years

Darla gave birth to Thorne’s daughter, who they named Aly, but after another battle between the brothers for control of Forrester, Eric again chose Ridge. So Sally made Thorne acting president of Spectra. As he built up Spectra, Thorne earned his father’s respect. But tragically, Darla was killed when she was hit by a car. As Taylor helped Aly deal with the loss of her mother, she grew close to Thorne again, but when he proposed, she confessed that she had been the driver who’d hit Darla!

Despondent, Thorne reconnected with Donna, but Katie put the kibosh on that relationship by revealing that Donna was only using Thorne to get back at Stephanie. Donna then rubbed salt in the wound by moving on with Eric! Feeling Forrester was overrun with Logans, Thorne and Felicia resigned from the company.

When Liam was searching for his birth father, Thorne was one of the suspects, but he lost out to Bill Spencer. Thorne made another play for Forrester when he romanced Taylor and hoped to use her children’s majority shares in the company to take over, but she backed out. In 2014, it was revealed that Thorne was heading up Forrester International, although he did return for brief visits here and there. Most recently, Thorne appeared for Aly’s funeral, and then to join the rest of the Forresters in an attempt to stop Eric and Quinn from getting married.

Eric’s intervention sadly ended with the patriarch collapsing and being rushed to the hospital!
What brings Thorne back into the fold this time? Is he through sitting in the “basement” and wants to fight Ridge for control of Forrester once again? And will he make a play for Brooke again? Stay tuned as the story unfolds to find out!

http://www.cbs.soapsindepth.com/post...emacher-147609
Old 11-28-2017, 02:13 PM
Soap Addict

Wink

THE BOLD & THE BEAUTIFUL Spoilers 11/28/17 —
Sheila Is Back, and Quinn Has No Idea!

Nov 28, 2017 10:33 am

By Chris Eades

Thorne isn’t the only one who has returned in these spoilers from THE BOLD & THE BEAUTIFUL. Although in Sheila’s case, it’s more that she never really left in the first place! What crazy scheme is the psycho planning now?

Despite her fears that Sheila would somehow find a way to ruin the Forrester Thanksgiving festivities, Quinn admits to Ridge that everything went off surprisingly well. “It was a really nice holiday,” she confides. “The best part is Sheila Carter didn’t crash it.” But while Quinn may think that she and Eric have driven Sheila away, they couldn’t be farther from the truth! Over at Il Giardino, Pam is settling in at her table and is startled to see Sheila still working at the restaurant! “Does Eric know you’re still in town?” she asks. What is the villainess cooking up this time?

Brooke’s talking to Thorne, but of course she’s talking about Ridge!

Now that he’s back in Los Angeles, Thorne has a lot of catching up to do. Of course, as he sits down to chat with Brooke, naturally the topic turns to the men in her life, including Ridge. “Ridge can be a little rough around the edges,” Brooke confesses. “But that’s what makes him so irresistible.” Brooke flashes a flirty smile, but if she’s trying to charm Thorne, she probably shouldn’t talk about his older brother so much. Everybody knows that particular sibling rivalry will never die

Next on B&B (11/28/2017)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAgiC93_pPg