Soaps and Entertainment  

Go Back   Soaps and Entertainment > TV Shows, Movies, and Music > Soap Opera Forums > General Hospital

Old 11-06-2017, 02:17 PM
Soap Addict

Credits: 673,540
Thanked 14,964 Times in 10,434 Posts
Wink Latest GH News WK.11/20

Tamara Braun's First Airdate

November 22!

Pretty sure she is Oscar's mom.

Yes and also the week of Thanksgiving according to this press release-
GENERAL HOSPITAL (weekdays, 2:00-3:00 p.m. EDT; check local listings)
The holidays are a time of reflection and revelation, and this season promises to be no different. With the return of at least one familiar face, viewers can expect a little chaos stirred up by the Quartermaine and Corinthos clans, all in time to shed a little light on what the holidays mean to those in Port Charles.

Also hearing that she will somehow be connected to Nelle

QUESTION:

"OK do we know who she is playing yet we don't know that she is Oscar's mom we haven't heard at all"

ANSWER:

"Spec that she is Oscar's mom and somehow related to Nelle. NV said that Patient 6 fit into the Oscar story so many are speculating that he is Oscar's dad. "
Old 11-07-2017, 01:52 PM
Soap Addict

Wink

Jonathan Jackson's 'Nashville' Season Six Premiere, Sneak Peek Videos

Sixth season, new network.

Updated November 6: Soaps.com has learned that season six of “Nashville” will premiere Thursdays in January 2018. “As the hits keep coming… At every crossroad, there’s a chance to try again.” Watch the two sneak peek videos below for a look at all of the drama ahead.

On April 10 "Nashville" stars Charles Esten and Hayden Panettiere announced that CMT has renewed the series for season six. Fans can look forward to sixteen new episodes set to premiere in 2018. Season five returns on Thursday June 1. It was reported on December 2, 2016 that though “Nashville’s” CMT premiere date was supposed to be January 5, the show will now air on the new network on Thursday December 15 at 9:00 PM. Watch as Charles Esten (Deacon) makes the Instagram announcement as a way to give thanks to the fans.

"Nashville's" official season five trailer was released on December 1, 2016, which gives a sneak peek into the storylines ahead for the CMT musical series.

CMT released a new 30-second promo on November 29, 2016 as fans await the popular music series' January 2017 premeiere.

Check out this first look at "Nashville," released October 21, 2016, which returns to television on January 5 on CMT. Also be sure to watch some candid interviews with the actors and get some behind the scenes footage of the new season right here on Soaps.com.

It was reported on August 24, 2016 that "Nashville" would debut on CMT a two-hour premiere on Thursday January 5, 2017 at 9:00 PM EST. TV-Line reported on June 30, 2016 that Connie Britton (Rayna), Hayden Panettiere (Juliette), Charles Esten (Deacon), Sam Palladio (Gunnar), Jonathan Jackson (Avery), Clare Bowen (Scarlett), Lennon Stella (Maddie), Maisy Stella (Daphne) and Chris Carmack (Will) are all set to return to "Nashville" when it begins airing its 22 episode fifth season on CMT this fall. Will Chase (Luke) and Aubrey Peeples (Layla) will only be returning for a few episodes before exiting the show.

"General Hospital" alum Jonathan Jackson's (Port Charles' Lucky Spencer) show "Nashville" was granted another season on June 10, 2016. "Nashville," which was recently canceled by ABC after its fourth season, has been picked up by CMT and Hulu. The entire cast is expected to return for the fifth season, many of which are currently on tour playing the original music from the show.

Jonathan Jackson briefly returned to General Hospital last year as part of Anthony Geary's (Luke Spencer) exit storyline. He has also been touring with his band e-Nation. Recently there were rumors of Jonathan Jackson returning to General Hospital after "Nashville's" cancelation.

"Nashville" also stars Hayden Panettiere, who is probably best known for playing Claire Bennet on "Heroes," but got her start as Sarah Victoria Roberts on "One Life to Live" and Lizzie Spaulding on "Guiding Light." Another former "GH" actor Scott Reeves has a recurring role on Nashville as music producer Noel Laughlin. Reeves played Steven Webber on "GH" and also Ryan McNeil on "The Young and the Restless."
NASHVILLE ON CMT | Season 6 | Sneak

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rpp3EQBxkbc

http://soaps.sheknows.com/general-ho...hville-renewed
Old 11-08-2017, 04:51 PM
Soap Addict

Wink

Soap Stars to Attend 86th Annual Hollywood Christmas Parade

Daytime stars come out to celebrate the holidays with fans.

Updated November 8: Soaps.com has learned that "Days of our Lives'" Lauren Koslow (Kate) and Marci Miller (Abby) and “The Young and the Restless’” Kate Linder (Esther), Bryton James (Devon) and Mishael Morgan (Hilary) have signed on to appear at the 86th Annual Hollywood Christmas Parade. Stay tuned for more daytime additions as they are announced.

On October 19, Soaps.com reported details for this year’s 86th Annual Hollywood Christmas Parade, which will be filmed live on Sunday November 26 at 5:00 PM and marci-miller-days-abby-hollywood-christmas-parade-jjwill air nationwide as a two-hour special on the CW network on Friday December 15 at 8:00 PM – with an encore to air on the Hallmark Channel (date to be announced). Dr. Oz has been delegated as the grand marshal with Erik Estrada ("B&B," Eduardo Dominguez), Laura McKenzie, Dean Cain and Montel Williams as hosts, as well as co-hosts Elizabeth Stanton and Garrett Clayton. There will also be live musical performances, on two stages, to benefit The Marines Toys for Tots Foundation.

The Associated Television International will present and produce the parade that will air to over a million American servicemen and women worldwide on American Forces Network. More than a million spectators attend the live taping each year, as celebrity-filled cars and floats containing larger than life inflatable character balloons make their way down the three mile route. Of this year’s grand marshal, President of Associated Television International Jim Romanovich stated, "Dr. Oz is a foremost daytime fixture on television whose multiple Emmy wins and chart topping ratings, in addition to helping millions of people every day deal with life's challenges, make him the perfect choice to lead the parade as Grand Marshal."

Take a look back at photos of soap stars at the 85th Annual Hollywood Christmas Parade and stay tuned as Soaps.com will update readers with details as to which “The Bold and the Beautiful,” “Days of our Lives,” “General Hospital” and “The Young and the Restless” actors will be in attendance for the annual event

http://soaps.sheknows.com/soaps/news...rade-announced
Old 11-15-2017, 12:33 PM
Soap Addict

Wink

Soap Operas Pre-empted During Thanksgiving Holiday

Daytime takes a break for a turkey feast with all of the fixings

November is a time where many make yearly plans to celebrate Thanksgiving Day with family and friends. Some travel to join loved ones, many prepare meals to welcome others into their home, and various people, including soap opera stars, lend their time volunteering at local soup kitchens and shelters in order to make the holiday extra special for those in need. Amid the festive preparations, Soaps.com is back to bring readers the annual scheduling changes during the Thanksgiving holiday season, which includes Black Friday.

Please take note of the ABC, CBS and NBC pre-emptions…

Thursday November 23:

"The Bold and the Beautiful" will air a repeat of its Wednesday November 23, 2016 holiday episode. Read Soaps.com’s B&B Recap: The Logans, Spencers and Forresters gather for Thanksgiving where everyone shared something positive about the person sitting next to them.

“Days of our Lives” will not be seen today. The National Dog Show, sanctioned by The American Kennel Club, will air in place of the soap and will benefit various canine-related causes.

"General Hospital" will air a repeat of its Wednesday September 27, 2017 episode. Read Soaps.com's General Hospital Recap: The big Man Landers reveal event when Spinelli tried to warn Maxie about Nathan, Finn and Anna discussed Cassandra in Monaco, and Carly and Bobbie reflected on Nelle.

"The Young and the Restless" will air a repeat episode (TBD) but will be pre-empted on the West Coast due to the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade.

Friday November 24:

"The Bold and the Beautiful" will not be seen, due to a CBS Sports event.

“Days of our Lives” will be pre-empted today and replaced with a NHL (National Hockey League) game.

"General Hospital" will not air today, due to a nationwide pre-emption.

"The Young and the Restless” will air a repeat episode (TBD) but will be pre-empted on the West Coast due to CBS Sports coverage of NCAA Football.

Holiday fun fact: The article photo was taken in 2007 on the set of “As the World Turns” during their holiday episode.

Soaps.com wishes those who celebrate a safe and happy holiday. We look forward to returning with daily soap opera recaps on Monday November 27.

- Amy Mistretta

http://soaps.sheknows.com/soaps/news...giving-holiday
Old 11-15-2017, 01:10 PM
Soap Addict

Wink

GH will air an encore episode on Thursday, Nov. 23 and will be pre-empted on Friday, Nov. 24. New episodes of GH resume on Monday, Nov. 27.
Old 11-15-2017, 01:28 PM
Soap Addict

Wink

45th Annual Daytime Emmy Awards Ceremony Date Announced

It's never too early to start getting excited for daytime's biggest night.

Soaps.com is excited to announce that the 45th Annual Daytime Emmy Awards will be held on Sunday April 29, 2018. As of yet, since it's still very early in the planning stages, it hasn't been revealed how fans will be able to watch the live ceremony, which will be held at the Pasadena Civic Auditorium at 300 E. Green Street in Pasadena, California.

Back in 2015, POP TV televised the 42nd Annual Daytime Emmy Awards, only to hear a year later that the 43rd annual ceremony would not be aired. Things got a bit better in 2016 when fans were able to watch the 44th Annual Daytime Emmy Awards on Facebook Live and Twitter/Periscope.

Call for entries for this year's event began on November 1 with the deadline for Drama Performer Pre-Noms clip submissions on December 15. Judging for the Pre-Noms will begin on Tuesday January 9, 2018 and will run through Tuesday January 23, 2018. The pre-nominations will be announced on Thursday January 25, 2018. From there, the final judging will begin on Saturday January 27, 2018 and will end on Saturday February 17, 2018 with the final nominations announced on Wednesday March 21, 2018.

Stay tuned for more information as it's announced. Soaps.com will again be bringing our readers a play by play of the ceremony by tweeting live on Twitter @soapoperafan. Not only will we report the winners as they are announced, we’ll bring fans red carpet interviews and photos of the "Bold and the Beautiful," "Days of our Lives," "General Hospital" and "The Young and the Restless" soap opera actors and everything from pre-ceremony excitement and interviews following the event.

- Amy Mistretta

http://soaps.sheknows.com/soaps/news...date-announced

`````````````````````````````````````

45th Annual Daytime Creative Arts Emmy Awards Ceremony Date Announced

Coming together to honor behind the scenes achievements

Earlier Soaps.com reported details for the upcoming 45th Annual Daytime Emmy Awards, including when the annual live ceremony will air. Following the season’s first Daytime Emmys news, The National Academy of Television Arts and Sciences (NATAS) announced that the 45th Annual Daytime Creative Arts Emmy Awards will take place on Friday April 27, 2018 at the Pasadena Civic Auditorium at 300 E Green Street in Pasadena, California to honor those for their achievements in American television programming.

We wouldn’t be able to watch our soap operas daily without the hard work of those behind the scenes, including production designers, set decorators, costume designers, cinematographers, casting directors and sound editors. Other categories include set decoration, lighting, camera editing, music direction, best original song, stunt coordination and more.

As of yet, a recipient for the Lifetime Achievement Award hasn't been announced. As detailed in the General Rule Book, this prestigious award goes to "an individual, a company, or an organization for outstanding achievement in the arts, sciences, or management of television that is either of a cumulative nature or so extraordinary and universal in nature as to be beyond the scope of the awards presented in the categories of achievement. Members of the NATAS National Awards Committee accept nominations, and the Committee and NATAS Trustees choose the recipient(s). In recent years there have been recipients at both the Daytime Emmy® Awards and Daytime Creative Arts Emmy® ceremonies."

Soaps.com will return with future updates surrounding the event and which soap opera actors from "Bold and the Beautiful," "Days of our Lives," "General Hospital" and "The Young and the Restless" will be on hand to present awards. For now, take a look back at last year's 44th Daytime Creative Arts Emmy Awards winners.

- Amy Mistretta

http://soaps.sheknows.com/soaps/news...date-announced

```````````````````````````````````

Day of Days 2017 Video Coverage Includes Teasers From the Stars

http://soaps.sheknows.com/days-of-ou...from-the-stars
Old 11-16-2017, 02:34 PM
Soap Addict

Wink

EXCELLENT READ!!!!!!! CLICK ON BOTTOM LINK

'General Hospital' Was 'The Dope' In Prison — And Kept Him Out Of Trouble

Christopher Scott served over a decade in prison, and while in the middle of the sentence, he developed a passion for soap operas.

Justin Richmond/NPR

Chris Scott spent 13 years in prison for a murder he didn't commit.

Before his time in jail, he led a quiet, domestic life with his two sons and his girlfriend.

Then his life became a nightmare. Scott constantly worried for his safety. He learned to cope in prison, but he knew he had to stay out of trouble, because if his innocence was proved, he wanted to be able to walk free.

As part of Morning Edition's exploration of fandoms, Scott, 47, describes, in his own words, how his passion for daytime dramas helped him walk the straight line.

This has been lightly edited for clarity.

Four things kept me out of trouble: working in the kitchen, going to the gym, reading three books per week and — the most important thing — was the soap opera.

The first time I watched the soap opera in prison, I walked to the day room, and they was watching soap opera. And they was like, "Hey dude, this is the soap opera side of the day room, where people watch soap opera" — and I was like, "oh, this is the side that I need to be on."

A Lifetime Of Finding Peace, Purpose And Voice In The Pages Of Comics

Interviews

A Lifetime Of Finding Peace, Purpose And Voice In The Pages Of Comics

I got a crew of men that, in the world of society, was killers. One of them named Baby Shaq, 'cause he was a big guy like Shaquille O'Neal. We had a guy named T-Bone, and we had Slim 50. These were some of the hardest-core fighting guys — but when that soap opera came on, you can hear a pin drop on cotton. It's like all eyes — don't nobody want to blink, because if you feel like if you blink, you gonna miss something.

We gave General Hospital a new name. We didn't call it General Hospital no more. We called it "The Dope" — because it was addictive. We walked down the hallway, they shouting, "Hey — did you see 'The Dope' yesterday?"...

Watching these love stories in a day room full of guys, you know they made the snide remarks of, "it's pretty much for women and females" or whatever the case may be. But we didn't care about that — because they knew the guy that was watching the soap opera probably can kick half of the cellblock he lived on's butt.

There was this one character on General Hospital named Sonny Corinthos, and he ran the whole town, and he had a bunch of businesses everywhere, but his main business was coffee importing.

So I was telling myself, "Well, you know, this kind of an inspiration to me, so I need to watch this guy and get some knowledge." And he used to hide whatever he was trying to ship in a barrel under the coffee beans, and it'd get shipped out of the country. So I looked at that, I said, "man, you know, that may be a good way to move things in prison."

And my job was working in the kitchen. So what I did, I created this hamburger business, but you gotta get everything past the guards to get it where you have to go.

So I used to take an ice bucket, and line cardboard at the bottom of the ice barrel. And I used to sit 60 hamburgers and 60 orders of fries on that cardboard. And then I'd put another cardboard on top of it, so when the officers raised the lid up, they couldn't see it because it was underneath the ice.

So once I got to the cellblock, I dumped the ice out and sell 'em — and dude, I was like the black Wendy's or the black Ronald McDonald in prison. And that was kind like that entrepreneurship that I learned from watching soap operas.

The soap operas really, it resonated a lot about missing home, missing the arguing you heard your mom and dad have every now and then. You miss the sisters fighting over the bathroom. You miss the brothers going outside shooting basketball in the backyard. So yeah, it resonated hard and heavy.

Like, just say, holiday seasons. You see the soap opera people, they got the big Christmas trees. They dress nice in red and white and all these pretty Christmas colors. And it made you want to be a part of that. ...

And seeing it on TV, I'mma tell you, I didn't want people to see me cry or shed a tear, but every now and then that happened. So I had to go in my cell. And I used to hang a sheet up, and the sheet would cover my whole cell, and I just used to go in my cell and have a big cry about it.

Wasn't bad tears, it was good tears, because I knew I still had a heart. Because being falsely imprisoned, sometimes it hardens that heart to where you don't want to show a sign of weakness.

I know watching soap operas helped me with my dilemma, and we all can learn a lesson about how we choose not to judge people about what they think or what they watch because we all need something to hold on to.

Scott was exonerated after 13 years in prison. When he got out, he kept up that entrepreneurial spirit: He created a detective agency, looking into other innocence cases. Scott's story will be featured in an upcoming PBS documentary called True Conviction.

And yes, he still watches every episode of General Hospital.

Dave Blanchard (@blanchardd) is a producer with Morning Edition

BEAUTIFUL ARTICLE

GO HERE CICK ONTO ARROW, AND LISTEN TO HIS VOICE.

https://www.npr.org/2017/11/16/56289...out-of-trouble
Old 11-16-2017, 04:43 PM
Soap Addict

Wink

Ratings UP

Y&R and B&B see largest audiences since the spring

by Dan J Kroll

Posted Wednesday, November 15, 2017

The Young and the Restless and The Bold and the Beautiful have seen their ratings trend upwards during the November Sweeps period.

The good news continues for the four remaining soaps. Just a couple of weeks after Days of our Lives and General Hospital saw their ratings leap, the two CBS Daytime soaps also notched a ratings spike of their own.

For the week of November 6, The Young and the Restless averaged 4.62 million viewers, a figure that was up five percent from the previous week and the show's largest audience since May 19. The period was also the second full week of material with Mal Young serving as head writer.

The Bold and the Beautiful also got a boost. The half-hour soap's ratings jumped six percent from the week before to 3.70 million viewers. That total is the show's largest audience since February 24.

http://soapcentral.com/soapcentral/n...ovember_06.php
Old 11-16-2017, 05:19 PM
Soap Addict

Wink

Spend the Holidays With the Families of GENERAL HOSPITAL

The holidays are a time for families to get together and share the love as well as food and drink. Of course, in daytime, soap family gatherings are often ground zero for some juicy drama! Whether it's a heated confrontation, an emotional confession, or an embarrassing revelation, daytime celebrations are never boring! But which fictional family would be the best one to spend the holidays with? We took a look at some of the more prominent families on GENERAL HOSPITAL, ALL MY CHILDREN, and ONE LIFE TO LIVE to compare and contrast.

So whether you're looking for a massive family celebration or an intimate gathering, drama-full or drama-free, check out our recommendations and see if you agree with them! And for more on your favorite daytime dramas — past and present — keep reading the ABC edition of Soaps In Depth magazine!

The Corinthos Family (GH)

If you’re attending a holiday bash at the Corinthos Compound, you might want to come armed just in case some gunfire breaks out. Sonny has a crack security team, but sometimes it seems like people can just walk up to the front door unannounced! But make sure you RSVP because the guest list is going to be pretty full, what with there being two Jasons and all. And be prepared for things to take a solemn turn at some point during the festivities as the family remembers Morgan.

http://www.abc.soapsindepth.com/post...olidays-146865

````````````````
Old 11-16-2017, 05:20 PM
Soap Addict

Wink

The Jerome Family (GH)

If you're in the mood for an intimate family get-together, the Jeromes are the family you'll want to spend the holidays with. Because while Julian will throw a stylish party, Ava will be the only other guest who will probably RSVP! Kiki might pop in for a quick drink to be polite to her mom, but don't expect Sam or Lucas to give their dad the time of day! Although there might be an unexpected guest if Olivia manages to break out of prison!

http://www.abc.soapsindepth.com/post...olidays-146865