Soaps and Entertainment  

Go Back   Soaps and Entertainment > TV Shows, Movies, and Music > Soap Opera Forums > General Hospital

Old 12-07-2017, 01:03 PM
Soap Addict

Credits: 673,040
Thanked 14,958 Times in 10,430 Posts
Wink

GENERAL HOSPITAL's Robert Palmer Watkins Mourns the Death of His Grandfather

Please join us in sending love to GENERAL HOSPITAL actor Robert Palmer Watkins (Dillon), who is mourning the death of his beloved grandfather, who was affectionately known as “Paw Paw” in the family. “You will be missed, Paw Paw,” Watkins posted to Instagram. “You have been an amazing influence in my life and always treated people fairly. I’ve always looked up to you.”

https://www.instagram.com/p/BcVzKqbh8bp/

Sadly, Watkins also lost his other grandpa nearly one year ago at Christmastime, 2016. “Hard to believe I’ve lost both my granddads this past year,” he mused. “It really puts things into perspective. The time we have here is limited.”

The young actor also admitted that he’ll always be grateful for the gifts that his “Paw Paw” gave him over the years as he grew up and became a man. “Thank you for your lessons,” Watkins wrote, “the tire park, the golf excursions, the Diet Cokes, the horse races, the summer vacations, and the laughter. Thank you for watching every episode of GH just to see if I would be on. That meant so much to me.

“Glad to know we all got to talk with you in the last couple weeks,” he concluded. “Be with Grandmom. Love you, Paw Paw. Hope we make you proud.”

Our thoughts are with Watkins and his entire family during this difficult time. For more on your favorite GH stars, keep reading the ABC edition of Soaps In Depth magazine.

http://www.abc.soapsindepth.com/post...er-dead-148365
Old 12-07-2017, 01:05 PM
Soap Addict

Wink

GENERAL HOSPITAL's Kimberly McCullough and Her Family Have Been Safely Evacuated From the Wildfires in Southern California

A series of wildfires driven by the Santa Ana winds are raging throughout Southern California, destroying hundreds of structures and forcing thousands to flee their homes. And one of those people who had to evacuate was GENERAL HOSPITAL star Kimberly McCullough (Robin), who used Twitter to assure her fans and friends that she was okay, and so was her baby boy, Otis. “Thank you for your thoughts,” she posted. “Me and my family left in the middle of the night. Good thing we did, because the 33 is now closed.”

Fires are burning in Bel-Air, Ventura County, Sylmar, Santa Clarita, and San Bernadino. And there are some absolutely terrifying videos being shared on social media of cars driving slowly down the freeways as the surroundings are engulfed in flames. It looks like the end of the world

SEE VIDEO HERE
http://www.abc.soapsindepth.com/post...cutated-148390

“It’s really scary and our area is being evacuated,” McCullough reported. “Please keep us and our neighbors in your prayers. We are safe at our friends’ house. I’m thankful Jack and Otis are outta that area. Feeling the heat from the hip while driving on the 33 was terrifying. Saw several trailers with horses leaving the area, thinking of all the beautiful animals in the area and our magical little town in flames.”

https://www.instagram.com/p/BYXGY4JHa1J/

McCullough and her partner made the move out of Los Angeles to a beautiful home in Ojai Valley in 2016 just weeks before learning that she was pregnant with their son. “I’ve been drawn to this place for the last 15 years,” she admitted in a blog post at the end of 2016, “but it wasn’t until now that I was ready to make my move and call it home. It’s one of the best decisions I’ve ever made.”

Here’s hoping that when the authorities are able to extinguish the fires raging through Southern California, McCullough and her family have a home to come back to. Our thoughts are with her and everyone else affected by these deadly fires during this difficult time.

http://www.abc.soapsindepth.com/post...cutated-148390
Old 12-08-2017, 11:11 AM
Soap Addict

Wink

Big congratulations to my fellow teammates at @GeneralHospital on a much-deserved nomination for a 2018 WGA Award! Oh yeah, nice job to that ol' so-and-so @carlivatiron and his rogues' gallery at @nbcdays for their nomination

https://twitter.com/OGChrisVanEtten/...7%2F8%2F%23new
Old 12-08-2017, 01:05 PM
Soap Addict

Wink

5 HOURS AGO 12/8

FRANK VALENTINNI
Late night shenanigans with these two beauties. #GH #Wrappizza

ROBIN AND GH DAUGHTER

https://twitter.com/valentinifrank/s...ngs-and-goings

``````````````````````

POSTED 22 HOURS AGO 12/7

Starkidz staff‏
@Star_Kidz

Pressly James Crosby debuted on "General Hospital" December 6 as a slightly aged Leo Falconeri, the son of Julian Jerome and Olivia Falconeri.

#GH casting news - Pressly James Crosby is playing the role of Leo

https://twitter.com/Star_Kidz/status...ngs-and-goings
Old 12-09-2017, 10:54 AM
Soap Addict

Wink

70th Annual Writers Guild of America Daytime Nominees

http://soaps.sheknows.com/soaps/news...ytime-nominees
Old 12-09-2017, 01:06 PM
Soap Addict

Wink

GENERAL HOSPITAL and ALL MY CHILDREN Actress Jennifer Bassey Joins the Cast of ANACOSTIA!

Dec 8, 2017 4:07 pm

By Chris Eades

Daytime veteran Jennifer Bassey is joining the cast of ANACOSTIA, the Daytime Emmy Award-winning digital series. The actress most recently appeared as Quinn Danvers on GENERAL HOSPITAL, but is perhaps best known for her role as Marian Colby on ALL MY CHILDREN. “Just like I do during ever visit to Port Charles, I couldn’t feel more at home in ANACOSTIA!” Bassey enthused. “There is always an abundance of love and lies — so I do my best to give them life!”

Bassey will be playing Beverly, the close friend of the villainous Eva’s long-suffering husband, Henry, in the fifth season of the online soap when it resumes on Tuesday, Dec. 26. Her character will be at the center of the drama when Dominique seeks her out looking for information that could lead to the missing Alexis (played by AS THE WORLD TURNS star Martha Byrne (Lily)) and her son. “Dominique and our audience will get far more than they bargained for when Beverly starts to tell what she knows,” promises ANACOSTIA’s executive producer and writer, Anthony Anderson.

Byrne joining the cast of the series years ago was just the first of many familiar daytime faces that Anderson was able to bring to his series. “The next year, I had to pinch myself when we welcomed Elizabeth Hubbard,” he added. “Today I’ve just hit the jackpot, no two ways about it. Jennifer Bassey is a true professional and we are honored she brought her special blend of talent and powerful screen presence to ANACOSTIA.

“Jennifer plays a huge part in the twists and turns that will mark the end of this season,” he continued, “but trust me — both Jennifer and Beverly are just getting started!”

Anacostia Season 5 Episode 1 "You Again"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RyL_HEZhcSg

Published on Jan 11, 2016

Eva Montgomery (Elizabeth Hubbard) is searching for her beloved son Jason and knows that the last person to see him was her former Daughter In Law Alexis (Martha Byrne). Eva wants answers and will stop at nothing to get them. Sean, Nicole and Salina take legal action to stop Michael from terminating support to Mia. Desiree' confronts Deanna about her partnership with Eric. Nancy confesses to Carlos. Sean is brutally attacked and sexually assaulted by a masked assailant.

ANACOSTIA took home the Daytime Emmy Award for Outstanding New Approaches — Drama Series in 2015, the same year that Byrne took home the trophy for Outstanding Performer in a New Approaches Drama Series. It follows the lives of the residents of a small residential community in Washington D.C. as they navigate a web of love, betrayal, sex, and murder. You can catch up on all the drama in the first four seasons to prepare for season five on its YouTube channel.

For more on your favorite GH stars, keep reading the ABC edition of Soaps In Depth magazine. And for more on Byrne, be sure to pick up the CBS issue of Soaps In Depth on sale Christmas Day!

http://www.abc.soapsindepth.com/post...acostia-148623
Old Today, 01:43 PM
Soap Addict

Wink

Chris Van Etten Interview

The co head writer was interviewed by Michael Fairman. Here is the gist of what he shared

The audience will learn who is behind the 2 Jasons before the characters do

There were several scenarios played out as to who would be Jason and who would be Drew

Sam will have a hard road ahead of her because she loves both men

Julexis will face many obstacles before they get back to where they were

Franco will face repercussions for not being honest with Liz

Kim is harboring some secrets and will interact with someone he can't tell us about (Me-Alcazar?)

Griffin will be a challenge for Ava

Family holiday time, romance, and some dastardly plans are coming.

I am glad we dont have to wait til the end of the 9th month script

He says we will get answers in layers but we will know the evildoers before the characters